Finding serial number?? - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Leonard (KY) on March 17, 2006 at 14:55:47:

Look on the frame itself, where the tongue conects, it will not be on the tongue itself, reason its never on the tongue is because most tongue are removeable, the letters will be stamped into the frame and not be very large, they are hard to see and find and you may want to use some chalk to assist you, like I said they are VERY hard to see.
Leonard (ky)

Finding serial number?? - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Barry (GA) on March 16, 2006 at 10:31:30:

Anyone have any suggestions for this? I have a Fleetwood single wide, I would guess late 80’s to early 90’s and I cannot find a serial number. I believe it was on a piece of paper under the kitchen sink but most of this is gone. I have looked everywhere inside and cannot find anything else.

I called the factory with a number from the outside but they said it was just a HUD number and could not tell me anything by it. The lady at the factory said it should be on the frame near the tongue but didn’t know any more. I have peeked under there but didn’t see anything. Does anyone know if this would be on a seperate tag attached to the frame or engraved in the frame itself? Any hints in locating it?

Thanks,
Barry (GA)

Re: Finding serial number?? - Posted by Joe-Ga

Posted by Joe-Ga on March 17, 2006 at 07:28:06:

Look about 1/2 way back on the tongue , could be on either side… will be stamped into the metal////may have to take a steel brush and wipe away some paint and undercoating, but should be stamped along the tongue in about 1/2 " stamps.probably locate it with a magnifying glass… Guess by now oyu have seen, I cant spell, but you know what I mean. haha

Re: Finding serial number?? - Posted by Gene

Posted by Gene on March 16, 2006 at 20:51:34:

Seach the archives…there has been tons of posts on this.

One thing that I learned…if you need to get thru paint on the tunge/frame to see the number get some paint stripper for cars (napa, walmart). It works very well.

Gene