finding tenant buyers - Posted by Jackie

Posted by RogerTX on April 03, 2006 at 18:00:01:

Try again next week, and the next and the next. We’ve done radio ads that generate lots of calls and sometimes we get skunked. Same with print. The big players advertise every week. The fly by nights hope to get rich quick try a few times and quit.

I know one lady that sends out 8000 letter a month, every month, whether she gets results or not. Over the course of a year she does lots of deals.

finding tenant buyers - Posted by Jackie

Posted by Jackie on April 03, 2006 at 17:25:32:

I am a newbie but I have several courses and have listened to many teleseminars, etc. I have opportunities to get properties but I want to put tenant buyers in them. The gurus all say when they place ads for “RENT TO OWN” they get bombarded with calls. When I’ve placed their ads in our major newspaper in large metro area, I get no calls or maybe a couple. Is this reality? Can anyone suggest what would work better?

Thank you,

Jackie

Re: finding tenant buyers - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on April 03, 2006 at 20:57:46:

i don’t know about your area but I’ve got an ad in the local paper and am averaging 10 to 12 calls per day.

Re: finding tenant buyers - Posted by george

Posted by george on April 03, 2006 at 18:32:12:

Jackie,

My experience with “rent to own” ads was that it brought out mostly the crowd with horrible credit who would never be able to cash you out to realize your big payday back-end money.

When you see Rent to Own ads, you usually think of the TV and appliance stores that prey on uneducated, bad credit people who grossly overpay from their ignorance.

I eventually realized that your more astute buyers, the ones who will cash your out, are more drawn to ads of “no qualifying owner financed”. That’s the verbage I’ve used with success the past few years.

Also, you don’t say what price range your properties are in. Higher and lower end don’t draw near the response the middle priced properties will.

george