Finding tenant/buyers - Posted by Jason

Posted by Nate(DC) on April 01, 2002 at 21:32:11:

nt

Finding tenant/buyers - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on April 01, 2002 at 12:20:28:

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could share your most succesful ways of finding quality tenant/buyers quickly. These are my ideas, please add any that you have:

1. Sign and “Please take one” leaflets at house describing property and number to call.
  2. Signs leading into neighborhood stating “House for Sale”
  3. Newspaper ads “Rent to Own”.
  4. I have a contact on the local air force base that will put flyers about properties on the bulletin board outside of the mess hall and post office.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Re: Finding tenant/buyers - Posted by DavePA

Posted by DavePA on April 01, 2002 at 19:40:56:

Jason,
A great way to find a T/B is:

1. Place flyers on cars at Walmart
    You, might get some negative calls, but its freedom of speech!!!

Good Luck,

dave

Re: Finding tenant/buyers - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on April 01, 2002 at 12:42:00:

Sometimes people don’t know what rent to own means and it can have a bad connotation (In association with furniture rental stores). In the past I have run adds stating SELLER FINANCING as the teaser then I Put O.A.C. in the bottom of the add or flyer, then when they call if their credit is good enough to buy then I get them to buy, if it is not then I tell them that they don’t qualify for seller financing but that I can get them in on a Lease option (Very Similar).

Re: Finding tenant/buyers - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on April 01, 2002 at 21:34:17:

Dave

Actually the Walmart parking lot is private property, and they are free to prohibit you from distribution of flyers there, either to people, or on to cars.

Not to say you can’t try it and would likely get away with it…but don’t try the “freedom of speech” argument if you get in trouble, because it does not apply here.

NT

What is O.A.C.? - Posted by Brian, WI

Posted by Brian, WI on April 01, 2002 at 18:01:01:

Mike,

Sorry, but what is O.A.C. ?

Thanks

Brian,WI