Finding the last sale price of a property - Posted by John Tice

Posted by GL - ON on August 15, 2003 at 15:27:01:

Ron this may just be different nomenclature but around here the assessor’s office is strictly concerned with property tax assessment.

We have a Registry Office, where you have a Court House, Hall of Records, etc. I don’t know what they call it in Utah.

I happened to be down there today and asked if they were going online and they said they hoped to do so around 2006.

So John if you are reading this, if you can’t find it online, get the legal description from the assessor’s office or from the seller’s tax bill and go down to the Court House.

Or you could call up a friendly real estate agent and see if it has shown up in the Sold section of the MLS listings.

Finding the last sale price of a property - Posted by John Tice

Posted by John Tice on August 15, 2003 at 08:29:11:

Hi, a while back I ran across an article on this site, in which one of the gurus (Ed Garcia?) posted links for finding various links to governmental entities (recording offices, etc). I am interested in trying to find out the last sale price of a house in Utah, and I don’t want to make a trip to the county recording office. I have searched and searched, but can not find this article. Does anybody know what I’m talking about?

Title Company - Posted by Greg Phillips

Posted by Greg Phillips on August 15, 2003 at 18:03:23:

I just call the title company that I use and they fax or e-mail (PDF) all the information directly to me. Includes a lot description, taxes, sales history, etc. Usually takes about 2 hours.

Cheers,

Greg

Re: Finding the last sale price of a property - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 15, 2003 at 09:12:00:

John Tice-----------------

Just use a google search. Put in “countyname utah” “recorder office”/“clerk office” or “assessor office” or similar. You may not find that information online.

Call up the assessor’s office on the phone and ask if they have the information online and, if so, what the URL is.

Good InvestingRon Starr****