Finding the right MH - Posted by Scott R Pa.

Posted by Dirk Roach on January 16, 2000 at 13:01:16:

Finding the right MH - Posted by Scott R Pa.

Posted by Scott R Pa. on January 15, 2000 at 21:28:37:

I have just finished reading Deals on Wheels and found it to be most informative.However I am having a hard time finding the right priced MH cheapo’s $2000 to $3000. Should I look for higher priced ones? Also should I get Lonnie Scruggs Second book?

Re: Finding the right MH - Posted by SL-VA

Posted by SL-VA on January 15, 2000 at 21:41:58:

Sometimes it depends on the area. Perhaps the market in your area just doesn’t allow you to buy mh in that range. In this case you just have to pay more.

However, there are two major factors determining our purchase price.

First, seller’s circumstance. Sometimes the sellers are very motivated to sell, in which case they’ll take almost anything as long as they can get cash without delay. We need to remind them about the benefits for them to sell us the home, which is that we give them cash and we don’t have to wait bank approvals.

Second, our negotiation tactic. Lonnie’s books provide plenty of examples in which there is a large difference between the initial asking price and the actual sale price. Lonnie provides us with effective negotiation tactics. Learn and use them.

The most important thing for you to do, however, is to go out and do it. Talk to sellers. Negotiate with them. You’ll be surprise how many “discount” mhs you’ll find.

Oh, don’t forget Lonnie’s favorite phrase in negotiation: If I pay you cash, what’s the best offer you can give me? (Man, I love that phrase)