Finding tired landlords - Posted by Bryan in Cali

Posted by Jon H. on March 11, 2002 at 22:18:24:

I do agree with you about your ad targeting small land lords. I know I have a couple rentals and have been doing it for 13 years now and I am told again and again these stories of people that own one rental and someone they leased to did not pay rent for months, or paid late untill they were behind a couple of months rent in a year or two. I think small 1 or 2 rental people let this happen because the “justify” this in their mind that it is too much work to stay on top of this. They also feel that this renter should get a chance because they are down on there luck.
I almost feel small landlord figure on making money when they sell, not from renting.
Long story short, one and two home landlords should be your target…best of luck.

Finding tired landlords - Posted by Bryan in Cali

Posted by Bryan in Cali on March 10, 2002 at 14:37:07:

I have Joe Kaiser’s course on pitching lease options to tired landlords, but will it work in California since evictions are sealed for 60 days after the filing date? How will I have to change Joe’s strategies to get it to work?

Re: Finding tired landlords - Posted by Marie

Posted by Marie on March 10, 2002 at 23:26:22:

Hello,

I tried to locate tired landlords in CA and CO. The clerks in the courts refused to release the info unless I am one of the sides involved (CA) or unless I know the case # (CO)
If anybody has any success with J.Kaiser’s course it would be really nice to hear from them

Re: Finding tired landlords - Posted by JonH

Posted by JonH on March 10, 2002 at 21:40:30:

You might go to court, and see who is doing the evections in the juristiction you want a place in and let them know you will lease option before evection. I bet you will find there are a few people doing a lot of the evections, ie. attorney or prop managers. Also you might advertise in a local paper "I can help in your tenent evection proplems. Then figure out a pitch for when they call. I would think if you lease option a place, at a big discount before it becomes vacent, and the day they move out go to a normal rate that would be interestiog.

Re: Finding tired landlords - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on March 10, 2002 at 18:05:07:

at the end of 60 days, they may be more tired and more receptive to a liquidation.

David Krulac

Re: Finding tired landlords - Posted by Bryan in Cali

Posted by Bryan in Cali on March 11, 2002 at 11:30:05:

I was thinking about putting an ad in the paper too. I might say “Fed up single family home landlord? A lease/purchase may be right for you! Call…” Considering that a motivated SFH landlord won’t find much help in the We Buy Houses ads, it just might work.