FindingOwnersForMyL/Ooffers - Posted by John Fall

Posted by Alan_FL on October 10, 1998 at 19:38:03:

Joes course is good, I have it. It does target tired landlords but they don’t have to be in the process of eviction, just tired. Also gives other ideas for tracking down motivated sellers.

Alan

FindingOwnersForMyL/Ooffers - Posted by John Fall

Posted by John Fall on October 10, 1998 at 09:49:19:

Preface: I live in Boston area where it is an extreme seller’s market (owner’s are getting top dollar and there is a shortage of properties).

I would like to start a business Lease-Optioning properties full time (I just got layed off).

My request: Need a reliable, already proved method for finding owners who are very likely to accept my lease option offers.
Thankyou very much for any help, John Fall
venturem@msn.com

P.S. After I know there’s a way, I will invest in some of the books and tape courses…but are there any that answer my request?

Re: FindingOwnersForMyL/Ooffers - Posted by Michele (MI)

Posted by Michele (MI) on October 12, 1998 at 13:36:00:

Hi John:

This is an ad that works for us.

In the “For Rent Section”. You could also try the
“For Sale Section”, however, that did not work for us.

“Company is seeking homes to lease for
long term, call 123-4567.”

Michele R. Eddy

Re: FindingOwnersForMyL/Ooffers - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on October 12, 1998 at 12:19:44:

In your area that may be upper end houses the more comventional ways do not work as well. You may want to consider a direct mail approach. Or door hangers. How about " My wife and I are looking for a home in this area. While we are saving for a down payment we would be able to lease your home and take excellent care of it. We would want the right to buy when we can get the financing together. If you know of anyone that would be interested in helping us please call John at 555-1212"

Re: FindingOwnersForMyL/Ooffers - Posted by Tim (OH)

Posted by Tim (OH) on October 10, 1998 at 15:32:25:

I think Joe Kaiser’s course on the “tired landord” (in the process of eviction) is an excellent potential source of L/O deals.

Re: FindingOwnersForMyL/Ooffers - Posted by Jim_NC

Posted by Jim_NC on October 10, 1998 at 11:12:47:

I can’t speak much from personal experience because I’ve only been doing this a very short time but the thing I have learned so far is there is no one “thing” you can do to find these people. You have to call FSBO ads in the paper and drive around and look for FSBO signs in yards. Also word of mouth is good. Let friends know what you do and they might know someone that needs to sell their house. You have to find motivated sellers. From what I’ve experienced so far there is no set way to find them. You just have to dig. I have been doing this a short time and have gotten all of my advice from people on this site. I have done what they have told me and it works. Not everybody will be willing to l/o you their house but some will. Just pay attention to what people here on the web site say. They are very good at what they do and are very willing to help us rookies. I just closed my first deal mainly because everyone here walked me through it.

Good Luck!
Jim

PS. I suggest investing in some courses. I plan to do so with money from my first deal.