Finished CS but still unclear and pressured - Posted by Busy Guy

Posted by Busy Guy on August 27, 2003 at 10:43:28:

Rich,

Thank you for the tip and information. I will keep coming here for help and advice as I try to put what I have already purchased to good use.

Again, Thank you!!

BG

Finished CS but still unclear and pressured - Posted by Busy Guy

Posted by Busy Guy on August 27, 2003 at 08:04:50:

I have finished CS but still unclear and now being pressured to get even deeper into debt to purchase one on one mentoring. I have also tried to go out and make some deals only to discover one of two things. The property being sold is usually to close to fair market value to generate any positive cash flow or the owner is usually unwilling to do a lease-option because they just want to sell the property once and for all, not having to worry about payments stopping and getting the property back to fix up and sell again. I am now getting phone calls from CS suggesting I participate in their one on one personal mentoring program for around $2500 with the promise that I will make at least one deal in 8 weeks. Has anyone else been approached with this offer? Does it work or is this yet another endless money hole?

Thanks,

BG

Re: Finished CS but still unclear and pressured - Posted by Kelly Johnson

Posted by Kelly Johnson on September 03, 2003 at 16:01:24:

In my opinion, I would stand clear. Like I told another gentleman in this discussion group, go to school, get some experience selling and buying real estate, then decide if those programs offer you anything of value. For me, they do not.

Don’t do it. - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on August 28, 2003 at 02:51:24:

I tried Sheets techniques 8 years ago, and failed miserably. I found this site, and did a deal that netted me $11K, no money down. At the time I had no material to learn from aside from this site, specifically, the How to’s and Newsgroups. Is it possible? Yes. Is it all simple techniques? Yes. Is it easy to get a motivated seller to agree to your terms so you can make a profit? NO. That’s why I always say this business is simple, not easy.

Go read the How’s to’s for a broad understanding of techniques, and marketing. The “Money Ideas” will give you some other options. Then read all the success stories for some motivation. Now, you’ll be all pumped up, and thoroughly confused on what direction to turn. At that point, go find yourself a deal. Where? Who knows what you want. However, you need to read the article by Joe Kaiser, ?Why I quit looking for properties? in the How To?s. It?s the one that helped me the most when I was stuck in C. Sheet?s mode of calling on houses.

At this point, you’ll know more than anyone who has read Sheets, and probably most of his $10 an hour “mentors”.

Then, all you need is to find some motivated sellers. There?s an article in the Money Ideas called ?33 ways to find motivated sellers?. Once you find that seller, get to the newsgroups, and have everyone help you figure out how to make it happen.

Simple, eh?

Best of luck.

Re: Finished CS but still unclear and pressured - Posted by avery hodge

Posted by avery hodge on August 27, 2003 at 08:48:17:

DON’T DO IT!!!
I’ve taken the mentoring and I got nothing from it but a $2500 credit card debt . They don’t explain anything to you and they don’t answer your questions. It seems like you have to know what you’re doing cause they don’t!! That’s my advice use it if you want!
Avery

Re: Finished CS but still unclear and pressured - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 27, 2003 at 08:47:22:

BG,

The CS course is a great head start in the REI business. However from what I have heard the mentoring is not very good.

Try an archive search on CS mentoring. Its been mentioned several times on this board.

Best of luck,

RichV(FL)

Re: Finished CS but still unclear and pressured - Posted by Busy Guy

Posted by Busy Guy on August 27, 2003 at 10:40:46:

Avery,

Thank you so much for the information, I was afraid that was the case. I will keep the money to invest in RE. Again, Thank you!!

BG