First Call !!! - Posted by SteveG_Pa

Posted by Kevin-ATL on October 10, 2003 at 21:09:09:

No investors advertising in your paper? Well, that’s good, too… you must have absolutely no competition.

First Call !!! - Posted by SteveG_Pa

Posted by SteveG_Pa on October 09, 2003 at 13:54:35:

Im going to keep a short log on my first deal here. Ok heres the scoop, went to the courthouse and got a list of the preforeclosures filed since 9-1, sent out 23 letters yesterday, get a message today from a seller, now I totally forgot what I need to do next, by the way, this will be my first deal, if it all looks good. I guess the first step is going to be to set up an appointment with the seller to look at her house and loan papers, and explain what it is I can possibly do to help her if anything, then look at some comps. Should I have her sign an authorization to release info at this time?

Just in case, anyone know of any hard money lenders in NW Pa? so far, from the early figures if seen, she owes $75900, havent talked about seconds or taxes yet, its a 4/2 in a very nice area of town, at 2200 sq ft.

Now my problems, I cant find any investors around here in Erie so any kind of flips dont seem doable, this probably isnt a candidate anyway, seems to have very little equity in the thing.

Man, it seems that since that phone call Ive forgotten everything I need to do here. Any direction from the fine folks here at Cre would be a big help thanks in advance!!

SteveG_Pa

Re: First Call !!! - Posted by Kevin-ATL

Posted by Kevin-ATL on October 10, 2003 at 13:12:01:

I’m no expert, myself… so I’ll just refer you to this gem of a post written by JohnBoy:

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2002/arc_05/5344.html

Oh, and finding investors is really easy… look in the newspaper in Real Estate Wanted and call all the We Buy Houses ads. Also, try looking for clubs in your area, or run your own ad in the paper, or ask people on this board if any of them are in your area. Good Luck.

Re: First Call !!! - Posted by SteveG_Pa

Posted by SteveG_Pa on October 10, 2003 at 20:22:48:

Thanks for the advise, I did start an ad to start on sun. because here, i have no clubs or investors advertising in the paper, or anyone advertising money to lend, again, thanks.

SteveG_Pa