First Deal - Posted by Gerry (NC)

Posted by Gerry (NC) on February 05, 2002 at 13:27:01:

Tom,
Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you, have been out of town.
I paid $6000 for the home.And it was actually sold befor I bought it. I ran a small ad in the local Paper and it cost $52.50 for a month.

If I can be of help I’ll be glad to share my limited knowledge.

Gerry

First Deal - Posted by Gerry (NC)

Posted by Gerry (NC) on February 01, 2002 at 09:11:02:

I have just completed my first Lonnie Deal.
Bought a 1990 Fleetwood 14x70 3BD 2BA to day for $6000, Have a contract to sell on it for $12,000 and I got $4800 down and financed remainder for36 months at 12.75%.
I posted the details earlier (Looking for advice working 1st Deal --Gerry 14:07:0201/23/02) HOW SWEET IT IS…

Re: First Deal - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on February 01, 2002 at 19:26:13:

Hi Gerry,

Congratulations! Keep it up and you?ll work yourself out of a job.

Lonnie

Re: First Deal - Posted by Randy, OH

Posted by Randy, OH on February 01, 2002 at 11:21:34:

Gerry,
Congratulations on a great deal. I was wondering if you would mind filling us in on how you found it and how you worked it out with the PM. These seem to be the two biggest problems in this business. Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Randy

Re: First Deal - Posted by Tom (IL)

Posted by Tom (IL) on February 01, 2002 at 10:10:50:

If you don’t mind, how much did you pay for the home? Also, how long did it take to sell the home and what were your advertising costs (if any)? Just curious.
Thanks,
Tom

Great First Deal!! - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on February 01, 2002 at 09:58:27:

Gerry,

Congrat’s on an excellent first deal! Now on to the next one. Take Care ScottS(NC)

Re: First Deal - Posted by Gerry (NC)

Posted by Gerry (NC) on February 05, 2002 at 13:06:44:

Randy,
Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you, have been out of town.
I found this MH in the local news paper. As far as the park manager/owner, I just ask the MH owner if the MH could stay. He said yes, and gave me the tele# for PM/Owner I called him and explained what I did and ask if the MH could stay. He said, as long as the people comming in did not give him any problems, and then ask me to come by and visit with him at his MH sales as he had a Repo that I might be interested in. I think being stright forward with the PMs is the best way to go. I have talked with 3-4 with no problem as long as you can live with their requirements.

If I can be of help I’ll be glad to share my limited knowledge.

Gerry