First Deal - Posted by Java(OH)

Posted by Java(OH) on May 22, 2006 at 08:19:20:

That is my “target” price that will give me a base to set the terms of the financing for. I do not list a price when I place ads or on my signs “OWNER FINANCING”-“NO BANKS” is what I push. I’ve read those books several times, too. Thanks for the input. I am still waiting for the first call, my first ad ran yesterday and the signs are up. I will be running an ad in this thursday’s paper as well.

First Deal - Posted by Java(OH)

Posted by Java(OH) on May 20, 2006 at 21:50:51:

Well, I just made my first purchase and finished getting it all cleaned out/up and put the signs up and ads are running. This thing cleaned up very nice too. I found another one that was listed for $1,500 under my purchase price, so I made an offer on the spot. She called me back and said some dude paid $800 more than she was asking, oh well. Another one up the street from mine just went up as well-seeing that one tomorrow. Just babbling, but now the hard part-getting it mine sold. Hope to tell you guys of a quick sale very soon.

Re: First Deal - any news? - Posted by Chris in SC

Posted by Chris in SC on May 29, 2006 at 13:01:40:

Since you posted your ads?

Congrats! - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 20, 2006 at 22:18:48:

All those babies fill up your couch anyway, right?

Give us some description and numbers - and same when you sell!

On to the next . . .

Re: Congrats!=Long… - Posted by Java(OH)

Posted by Java(OH) on May 20, 2006 at 22:47:38:

Thank you. Yes,five is definately a handfull, but well worth it. The home is a Buddy-1981, 2/1 small dinette, kitchen bay window, updated bath with garden tub, patio, deck, dining room set, end tables, sofa with sleeper, all appliances, all electric-updated 200 amp breaker, painted aluminum exterior and window a/c unit. I cleaned the carpet and the rest of the place-pretty dirty. There are warped pieces of wood under both sinks from old leaks, but I will only replace them if I have spare time before it sells. Paid $3,250 and will list for $9,500. The neighbor who just bought from the park 6 months ago, paid $8,500 cash for a very comparable trailer. Mine is a little bit longer and his is a corner lot. He stated that they wanted $9,500 with financing, so I think I am on track with the guessing game of pricing. I am a R.E. Appraiser by profession, so I get the comparison part of estimating value on these and it looks like it helped, we will see when I sell it. I’ll keep the site posted. I am looking at a 1970 14x58 with expando 2/1-supposed to be immaculate, per PM. The lady is asking $6,000, but she is moving into a Senior Home at the end of July. I’ll see how flexible she is when I go see it-4 doors away from mine. Later…
Dan Coffey

Re: Congrats!=Long… - Posted by Keith (OH)

Posted by Keith (OH) on May 21, 2006 at 10:39:55:

Dan,

Congrats on your purchase !!
Now for the sale.

It sounds as though you may be marketing a cash sale of $9,500. While the cash sales are a great deal they are not the norm. Your advertising should be tweeked to attract the buyers that ask “How much money down and how much a month ?”

Sound familiar ?

Keith