First MH Deal. Need Help from Dirk & Others - Posted by Brian M. (CA)

Posted by Anthony (CA) on February 17, 2000 at 16:38:53:

Brian,

I was recently trying to decipher the same things. I had previously thought that the Cal. DMV was the dept. to deal with… which was quite discouraging… Their dealer requirements are strict and their application packet is like 1/2" thick. It turns out that mobiles over 8 X 40’ are registered through the HCD (Dept. of Housing and Community Development). After explaining to a manager in the HCD Registration/Compliance dept. what I was looking to do, he said that i would not likely need a dealers license. He said that after purchasing a mobile, contact the HCD for the appropriate forms & fee schedules. They also have the forms in printable format at WWW.HCD.CA.GOV, so when I figure out which ones I’ll be using…
Email me, it would be nice to talk to someone else in Sac that’s interested in Lonnie Deals!

Thanks. Have a great day~

Anthony

First MH Deal. Need Help from Dirk & Others - Posted by Brian M. (CA)

Posted by Brian M. (CA) on February 17, 2000 at 13:19:46:

I have been reading this site forever and finally got the guts to go out and do a lonnie deal. I have read Lonnie’s book and have found a mobile home that I am planning on buying within the next couple of days.

My question is do I need to get a dealer license to buy this home and then sell it on financing. I am located in Northern California (Sacramento) and am trying to figure out if I can do this deal without a license. Also I need to know what I do with the title after I purchase the home. Do I need to register with DMV or HUD or some other entity.

I know Dirk is doing business in California so he probably knows but if anyone else would know the answer I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

I love this site!!!

Re: First MH Deal. Need Help from Dirk & Others - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on February 18, 2000 at 21:24:04:

Brian & Anthony,

I’m also in Sac. I talked with HCD and they said you need a license to sell even 1 MH. However, I’m pretty confident you could do the first one without it.

I’ve just never had the time to get out and do anything, but if you need someone to fund the deals, let me know.

Dave

I’m not sure if that first post went through… - Posted by Anthony

Posted by Anthony on February 17, 2000 at 17:21:22:

I don’t see it anywhere… anyway, if you didnt’ get it, I’d like to talk with other people here in Sacramento that are interested in CRE and/or Lonnie Deals. Thanks.
Anthony