First Section 8 signing- Question-PA - Posted by Wendy

Posted by Wendy on May 30, 2009 at 12:15:39:

Thanks for the toughening up. I am also a nurse and get used to calling them clients. You are right, I do make the rules and it is either my way or the highway.

First Section 8 signing- Question-PA - Posted by Wendy

Posted by Wendy on May 29, 2009 at 15:59:44:

I have a question for those of you who have done section 8 before. What forms do you bring when you and your client go sign the lease? I know from my orientation that recommended you have a supplemental lease. Are there any other forms you bring?

Re: First Section 8 signing- Question-PA - Posted by Chyna

Posted by Chyna on May 29, 2009 at 18:36:24:

In Indiana you must bring the completed RTA, proof of ownership of the property, conflict of interest form, ACH form (if you want section 8 to direct-deposit) with a blank voided check attached, an unexecuted copy of the lease and lead paint disclosure form…all of which section 8 should provide. Not sure how it is in PA but section 8 should be able to tell you.

Re: First Section 8 signing- Question-PA - Posted by james

Posted by james on May 29, 2009 at 16:48:29:

Due to high unemployment, I think it is very good idea to rent to sec-8 due to stable income from gov?

Any pro / con, tips any expereience sec-8 ll can share?

Re: First Section 8 signing- Question-PA - Posted by Wendy

Posted by Wendy on May 30, 2009 at 04:52:22:

I have submitted all of the required documentation but now we are actually going to the lease signing meeting and I just wanted to know what I should have with me at the actual meeting.

Re: First Section 8 signing- Question-PA - Posted by Wendy

Posted by Wendy on May 30, 2009 at 04:51:05:

This is our first Section 8 client. We are actually going to sign their lease on Monday. I am just wondering what papers I need to have available for the client to sign at the time.

I have other family members who have had section 8 clients and it can be good for the steady money but it can be a bear if you have a horrible tenant.

Re: First Section 8 signing- Question-PA - Posted by james

Posted by james on May 30, 2009 at 19:15:28:

How did you screen your SEC-8 tenant to make they are good? Credit/background check, call previous landlords, eviction records, ask to have them setup for monthly auto deposit, what if they are late say after 1st of the month - they will get letters from you etc. You should be tough at the beginning and see how good they are. Yes train them like employees.

Re: First Section 8 signing- Question-PA - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on May 30, 2009 at 06:21:44:

Stop calling them a client,you owe a client a fiduciary duty which you do not owe a tenant.Bad mindset, think of it more like employer employee you make the rules they follow them or move