"fixer-uppers" - Posted by Marti

Posted by Gerald-DC on July 25, 2002 at 17:44:32:

I suggest you buy Steve Cook’s Flipping course. It packs a big punch for the price, it is well written, easy to read and contains timely information.

Tip, if you do decide to get a course on flipping, stick to it and resist the urge to get another course on flipping if things don’t work out for you right away. One good course on flipping and the resources you have on CREONLINE is really all you need.

“fixer-uppers” - Posted by Marti

Posted by Marti on July 25, 2002 at 12:59:53:

I have probably a stupid question…I’m wanting to start my REI adventure with rehab flipping to local remodelers. My questions are, however, what exactly classifies as a “rehab”, to what extreme are the profitable properties delapidated (for lack of better word)? And, you know the asking price, obviously, but how do you find out the appraisal for what it’s worth now and what it will be worth after repairs without spending $200-$300 for the appraisals? One more question…how do I go about finding a mentor?? Because I REALLY need one. I don’t mind sharing my profit for someone to help me get started. Thanks for anyone’s help and please don’t judge my intelligence on these questions…LOL.

Search the Archives! - Posted by Kathy

Posted by Kathy on July 25, 2002 at 18:25:57:

The archives have a wealth of information…Certain questions have been asked a gazillion times!

Re: “fixer-uppers” - Posted by Al

Posted by Al on July 25, 2002 at 16:19:34:

Go to search and punch in Ron LeGrand and buy his
paperback on flipping properties.
Thats all you need if you are breathing and can walk around and talk. A lot of people cant. Just kidding! Good Luck.

Re: “fixer-uppers” - Posted by Tom Bujnowski

Posted by Tom Bujnowski on July 25, 2002 at 16:09:12:

My advice before you go too far is to go to the library or bookstore and gain some knowledge about this aspect of real estate.

I am a full time rehabber and it’s important to have that grounding. I wish I would get flipped good deals. Whenever someone like you want to be calls me with a lead it invariably is a rehab that is overpriced in a crummy area.

The rehabber has to be able to make some money.

Good luck,

Tom Bujnowski