"Flip This House" on A/E last night... - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by chelsea on August 10, 2005 at 17:51:52:

i think the show is great!!!

“Flip This House” on A/E last night… - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on July 25, 2005 at 07:17:53:

Anyone see it? Pretty interesting. This guy uses the dictator approach with his employees, but not with the contractors. Guess he knows who he can push around and who he can’t.

One thing I found interesting was when he said “You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar” and the proceeded to curse out the county inspectors and slam the phone down on them and be mean to the girl who worked for him. Maybe she’s not the model employee, but you don’t treat people that way.

The numbers claimed he cleared $190K on a 2 week rehab. And if he did, that’s awesome. Pretty darn fast though for what they did to the house. And it said “10-55” workers on site. Just where in the heck (and how) do you get 55 workers on one property at one time!

He also started all work w/o any permits and basically said to he** with the permits. Then he was shut down and somehow miraculously got it all straightened out and got all his permits in 3 days.

Sounds like this was staged for months prior to the show.

Shelby Burnett - Posted by Graciela Logan

Posted by Graciela Logan on November 27, 2007 at 12:28:52:

corpulently ponderously melogram stadholderate recrowd illuministic mission vernalization
Ancient Medicine/Medicina Antiqua
http://www.mainething.com/

Abby Bowen - Posted by Michelle Wilkins

Posted by Michelle Wilkins on November 24, 2007 at 01:40:24:

corpulently ponderously melogram stadholderate recrowd illuministic mission vernalization
Mexico Beach Harmon Realty
http://www.clevelandcounty.com/nav/index.htm

Bessie Jacobs - Posted by Babette Roberts

Posted by Babette Roberts on November 22, 2007 at 02:30:00:

Guide to Biloxi Fishing Charters
http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/02/02/aol.lawsuit.02/index.html

Re: “Flip This House” - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on August 06, 2005 at 09:26:05:

This is more real than the “creative financing” you hear about from many gurus. Professional investors pay CASH for property, fix and rent or flip it fast. I have been doing this for 20 years.

Flip this house adds dramma to make the show interesting in my opinion. I doubt that anyone would rehab a house ON TV without pulling any permits. Imagine the lawsuits from the buyer!

Property Ladder is another similar show on TLC. it is more reality based.

Re: flip this house - Posted by Jerry Richardson

Posted by Jerry Richardson on August 04, 2005 at 16:49:08:

Love the show! entertaining and informative.

Re: What was he thinking? - Posted by Bobby (SC)

Posted by Bobby (SC) on July 25, 2005 at 21:28:06:

Steve, you are closer to the truth than you could ever realize!

It was kinda staged…He is a Broker who operates Trademark Properties in Charleston, SC…and according to our local newspaper, his brother had some film making experience in Hollywood…so they came up with this idea so that it would be great publicity when/if he decides to franchise his real estate operation.

Personally, I, occasionally tend to be guilty of the same mindset that Richard exhibited by thinking “It’s Better To Ask For Forgiveness…Then Ask For Permission!”…

But,knowing I was going to be on natiowide TV, knowing that the neighbors-who-had-been-wanting-the house-for-years would do everything they could to cost me money, and knowing how much it would cost for fines and penalties, 55 construction people drinking beer, camera-crews-from-Hollywood shooting hours of film of rednecks skeet-shooting, and Rolaids for my stomach…
I would have had someone pull the permits…and I didn’t gross $150 million last year like he did!

Will watch the next episode to see if the same problems occur.

Bobby

Re: - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on July 25, 2005 at 16:27:19:

I watched the show, If only we could all find such a deal as this guy did. He must have some cash on hand.

By the way, What happened to the girl from his office that wanted to buy the house with termites?

Re: “Flip This House” - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on July 25, 2005 at 08:03:39:

I didn’t see the show but from how you describe what transpired it appears like a version of the “reality show” type we all see proliferating on TV lately! My opinion is this…do things the right way. It may not make for good TV but it makes for good business.

Re: “Flip This House” - Posted by Janelle

Posted by Janelle on August 08, 2005 at 11:25:50:

Actually, people do work without permits all the time. As unbelievable as it is, you can drive through many older neighborhoods and find additions to houses that were done without permits. Unless someone calls the county, people never get caught. The only reason they got caught, is because a neighbor called the county on them.

Re: “Flip This House” - Posted by tellthetruth

Posted by tellthetruth on August 06, 2005 at 19:47:57:

Houses still vacant no permits were pulled because one of the subs father is the chief building official and this clown is up on criminal charges for his actions. This show shows what corruption is all about down south

Re: “Flip This House” - Posted by Travise Smith

Posted by Travise Smith on August 06, 2005 at 10:00:01:

I agree much more REALISTIC on TLC…As a mortgage broker…you know the one that actually does the financing on the both sides of the table the real DRAMA. I am in 42 states so anyone needing some CREATIVE financing…email me or call 1-866-985-7300

Nice to know the facts - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on July 26, 2005 at 06:34:34:

Thanks Bobby. It’s fun to find out the facts on stuff you see on tv to set some reality to it. I think he did an awesome job on that house. And I did enjoy watching it. Just dont’ agree with his approach. If he talked to me like that (“Don’t make me call you again!!!”), I’d put his paperwork at the bottom of the pile!!!

I read the descriptions on the A&E website for upcoming shows. One of them says some of their supplies go missing so he and another guy “stake out” the property. Can’t wait to see that. I think the next show is this Saturday morning.

Thanks for the info!

Re: - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on July 25, 2005 at 20:03:02:

I think she’s the one he chastised out in front of their office. He “took” the house back from her. He said he was giving her some rope…and her reply was “when are you going to give it to me?”

I went to their website. They have a pretty large office. Looks like he’s a broker.

Re: “Flip This House” - Posted by BARBARA JEAN MATTHEWS

Posted by BARBARA JEAN MATTHEWS on August 07, 2005 at 17:36:01:

I AM WATCHING THE SHOW FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY AND LOVE IT!MY NAME IS BARBARA AND I AM A REGISTERED NURSE I BOUGHT THIS HOUSE FROM MY PARENTS AND IT NEEDS ALOT OF REPAIRS.AS A SINGLE WOMAN,THE ESTIMATES APPEAR TOO HIGH,BUT I WOULD TRUST YOUR SHOWS JUDGEMENT AND ESTIMATES!CAN YOU COME LOOK AT MY HOME?PLEASE!!! I NEED HELP.AFTER A LONG DAY OF WORK ALL I WANT IS A COMFORTABLE HOME!IT IS ALL I HAVE!THANKS!MY ADRESS IS 109-85 141 STREET JAMAICA NEW YORK 11435 PHONE NUMBER 718 657-3752.ANXIOUS TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!

Re: “Flip This House” - Posted by James A

Posted by James A on August 05, 2005 at 13:12:00:

I’ve seen the first two episodes, and I thought that the show could have been done with much more class. But, there has been some good money made in a short ammount of time. It is a shame that the head of the show doesn’t know enough not to embarass himself, his company, and the state that he lives in.

Re: - Posted by John

Posted by John on July 25, 2005 at 22:09:02:

Wasn’t she shown leaving the county office when they went to pull the permits?

Yes - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on July 26, 2005 at 06:15:25:

He didn’t fire her. He just “took” the rehab opportunity back from her (I think). Apparently he was going to let her handle her first rehab, then changed his mind.