Flippers/Flippees - Posted by Tim W.

Posted by WilliamGA on May 18, 2000 at 19:28:04:

Tim,

Join your local investors club if there is one in your area. What you need to do is find out who all the investors are in your area. These will be the people who you will be flipping properties to in most cases.

You also might try running an ad in the local paper such as… Handyman’s Special, cheap, call xxx-xxxx

Take the calls to collect your list of investors so you will know who to call when you locate a property. When they call, ask them what types of property they are looking for. This is how I built a database of around 30 names to work with.

Good Luck!

WilliamGA

Flippers/Flippees - Posted by Tim W.

Posted by Tim W. on May 18, 2000 at 18:10:37:

I like the idea of flipping for quick cash, but being a newbie, please tell who my target market would be to flip to? Who is most interested in working with someone doing flips?

Don’t want to contract for a prop. them find I’ve got no one to flip to.

Re: Flippers/Flippees - Posted by JohnWe (NoCA)

Posted by JohnWe (NoCA) on May 18, 2000 at 21:37:34:

Good advice, William.

Tim, your target market is other investors. Just think about, “Where would I find a bunch of real estate investors?” If you ask yourself this question, you’ll come up with the same answers as William, and more.

As a newbie, I wouldn’t worry so much about finding buyers, as finding good deals. If you have a good deal, then finding a buyer is really not hard – they’ll probably find you.

Also, keep your options open. If you have a good deal, try to retail it in the paper, and other advertising first. Then hit your real estate club meeting and say, “I’ve got this thing for sale right now, but I’m willing to flip it to someone here for $$$$ if anybody’s interested”. Like I said, if it’s a good deal—they will come!

Good luck.

P.S. if you’re really having a hard time unloading good deals, please email me! I’d be happy to help!