flipping - Posted by luke

Posted by Willie T on October 15, 2001 at 05:58:10:

Tell them! If you are not way out of whack, it shouldn’t make any difference. People who buy from wholsale flippers, expect the flipper to make a reasonable profit, just like they expect to. As long as you are making sure you are leaving enough in the deal to cover the rehabber’s closing, the fix up, the carrying costs, sales costs and a reasonable profit for their time and trouble, you should get no arguments. To do this ofcourse, you need to have verifiable comps for ARV.

flipping - Posted by luke

Posted by luke on October 14, 2001 at 21:36:42:

How are you wholesalers and flippers keeping the buyers from knowing how much profit you are making on the deal?

i’m finding that when i get a house under contract, alot of the potential buyers (investors) ask if i own it and what i have it under contract for.

Re: flipping - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on October 15, 2001 at 19:29:17:

Luke,

I don’t have a problem with telling someone how much I bought a home for. I’m giving them a good deal.

If I feel someone is asking because they don’t want me to make to much on the home I usually respond by saying something along the lines of “I’m asking $50k for the home, Does it matter if someone gave it to me?” If they say they don’t want me making to much, then I’ll say “I’m asking $50k, and I paid $60k, I’ll be happy to take what I’m into it for if you would rather not see me lose”. Most people get the hint after I use one of those two lines.

Steve