FLIPPING - Posted by RobH

Posted by meibo on January 23, 2001 at 15:43:37:

Is Tom Vu still conducting real estate seminars?
If so, where?

FLIPPING - Posted by RobH

Posted by RobH on November 18, 2000 at 11:52:03:

Hello everybody,

I’m VERY new to real estate, and I’m very excited about it. I just have a question about flipping properties. Has anyone used the tape series on flipping that’s advertised on here? If so, is it worth purchasing? I’m willing to spend whatever it takes to obtain GOOD information on RE. Does anyone on here concentrate solely on flipping? How much income could I reasonably expect by working smart? I can put in 40-50/week on this. I live in Chicago now, but planning to move to Florida within the next 6-9 months. I’m really fired up about making this work. I’ve had success in other businesses I’ve started, but RE has by far the best payscale in proportion to your efforts. I just need a little guidance now. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

RobH

Rhudson@fsi.net

Re: FLIPPING - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on November 22, 2000 at 18:12:16:

Biglar’s rules. Rule 1. No matter who tells you what, the greater the return the greater the risk. In the right market you can make an unbelievable amount of money. When you move, you better find the right place, it can’t be done just anywhere. Rule 2. If you make any money you make it the day you buy. Rule 3. Never buy unless you know exactly who will buy it and for how much and what it appraises for. Rule 4. No fixups or renovations. Rule 5. Only buy in the best areas in the executive price range. Rule 6. On a scale of 1 to 10 buy only 8’s through 11’s. Rule 7. Don’t be the turkey in a turkey shoot by sticking your neck out. Rule 8. Stay legal. Rule 9. If you think something is not right. Somethings not right. Rule 10. The only person that determines the value of what you buy and sell is a state certified appraiser that you pick out (not you, not the seller, not the Realtor).

Yes, there are more rules. These will get you started. You can make seven figures in a year after you know what you are doing. If you don’t make $200,000 to $300,000 consider yourself a failure.

Biglar

Good luck.

Re: FLIPPING - Posted by Rolfe Kurtyka

Posted by Rolfe Kurtyka on November 19, 2000 at 23:52:59:

Rob;

Your enthusiasim is very evident from your post. I’m sure you’ll do well. While I am not sure which specific book or course you are refering to, I can tell you this. The people who sell their wares through this site do so very openly, so I believe they would never want anyone to feel bad about buying their course. Also, CREONLINE has a 60 day money back garuntee, so you have little risk if any.

My general feeling about the courses and tape sets is this; If there’s some good information for you there, you’ve gotten a great asset at a steal of a price. If the product does not work for you, send it back. Either way, you learned somthing at a bargain price.

Rolfe

Re: FLIPPING - Posted by Kaye

Posted by Kaye on December 28, 2000 at 21:16:46:

Hi Larry,

How are you? Fine I hope. Well I just wanted to say that was an excellent way of telling what flipping is. Your answer was so intelligent and right to the point. I once was interested in flipping property but got out of it because I wasn’t sure of what I was doing. There was a couple who was going to help me and never returned any of my phone calls and I haven’t heard from them since. So I quit. I wasn’t about to get into realestate and put myself in trouble with realestate and dealing with real people who were professionals in this field. The couple that was going to help me were professional flippers. On their first property they got 30,000 dollars and on their second flip the received 35,000 dollars and I was in awe. But after that they slowed down and I have no idea where they are. So from your posting I am motivated to get back in the game and learn how to do this stuff for myself. So thank you Larry.

Sincerely,
Kaye

Re: FLIPPING - Posted by RobH

Posted by RobH on November 23, 2000 at 01:51:55:

Thank you, Larry for that!!!

I will keep you updated on my progress using those rules!

RobH