Flipping Properties in SC? - Posted by David

Posted by Debra-SC on May 09, 2000 at 08:55:28:

xx

Flipping Properties in SC? - Posted by David

Posted by David on May 04, 2000 at 20:12:31:

Has anyone had much luck in flipping properties in SC? What are some of the problems I should look for since I am a beginner? Thanks in advance.

Re: Flipping Properties in SC? - Posted by Debra-SC

Posted by Debra-SC on May 05, 2000 at 11:37:39:

Hi David,
Nice to see someone from SC. I have just started flipping and MH investing this year. I have made about 3 offers and I find the most problem I am having is finding motivated sellers. You would not believe the number of people own own a property free and clear and will hold onto them literally, until the day they DIE, before they would let a RE investor get them. The other problem is that everyone thinks their property is worth much more than it actually is.

Where in SC are you? I’m in Sumter.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

PS - Did you get any other responses from South Carolinians besides me? I wouln’t be suprised if you didn’t. (Die-hard state).

We are not that die- hard… - Posted by Shawn M. Crawford

Posted by Shawn M. Crawford on May 09, 2000 at 04:21:35:

Debra,
You are a mere 45 minute drive to some very successful real estate investors…every other Tuesday in Columbia a group of local investors meets at the Lizards Thicket near the intersection of Beltline and Devine Street(Garners Ferry/Sumter Highway).

I am not sure what you are doing up in Sumter but I can tell you that within a core group of investors (8) that over 75 properties have been flipped in the past twelve months, a hell of alot of mobiles have been bought, sold, LO (and a couple of mobile home parks too!) and numerous properties have been rehabbed.

So take that short drive and listen to what others are doing in your own back yard.

If I’m not mistaken the next meeting is next Tuesday @1:00pm.

Best of Luck.

Shawn