Flipping properties - Posted by ktone

Posted by Kristine-CA on July 25, 2003 at 17:06:20:

What I meant by leaving a lot of questions unanswered is that most courses are written for a national audience and REI has many issues that are regional in nature. Those issues, I think, can only be learned on the street.

I’m not saying jump right in, but rather that you won’t find all the answers in courses. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Kristine

Flipping properties - Posted by ktone

Posted by ktone on July 25, 2003 at 01:45:43:

I just read “Flipping Properties” by William Bronchick,and it left a lot of questions unanswered about wholesaling.I was thinking about purchasing Steven Cook’s course “Wholesaling homes for quick cash”. I was wondering if anybody could tell me whether its worth it, or should I spend my money on a good hooker???Decisions,decisions,decisions…

Re: Flipping properties - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on July 25, 2003 at 20:36:36:

You can’t expect to learn a business from a $25 book.

Ron Legrand’s courses are very good.

Scott Rister has a wholesaling course that’s not bad.

Steve’s wholesaling “course” is just a manual.

While I know that many on this board disagree, I’ve found that, in a lot of cases, you get what you pay for- to an extent.

Re: Flipping properties - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on July 25, 2003 at 02:40:46:

You know, you could kill two (or more) birds with one stone and hire a good hooker that knows something about wholesaling properties. As in real property.

I’ve read both Bronchick’s books and Steve Cook’s course. Steve’s course is worth the money, but it will leave a lot of questions unanswered as well. Steve Cook’s approach of making multiple offers via agents may not work in your area. But his strategy of assigning contracts is useful info.

Good luck with that decision making. Sincerely, Kristine

Re: Flipping properties - Posted by ktone

Posted by ktone on July 25, 2003 at 16:20:25:

Thanks Kristine for your reply.Say, if this two books will leave a lot of questions unanswered what would you suggest I do to acquire the necessary information to pursue wholesaling,or should I just dive in to it and learn as I go.Also how much do you think a savvy real estate investing hooker go for???