Flipping/ Rehab ? Is it much more - Posted by Paul

Posted by Bill on July 10, 2002 at 06:23:13:

Paul,
It’s not any more difficult, you just have to find the rehabbers that are working in that price range. When I lived in California, we routinely dealt with rehabbers that bought houses in the range of 1-2 million and rehabbed them to the tune of 500-700k in rehabs, then resold at 2.5-5 million.
These rehabbers are usually groups of businessmen, lawyers and agents that have access to high profile clients. If you can find them, they have the money and connections to play. Look for them by networking, by checking permits in the higher end area to see who is buying and reselling, and by checking with high end contractors/remodelers, etc. If you do your homework, they will be able to be found.
Good luck,
Bill

Flipping/ Rehab ? Is it much more - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on July 09, 2002 at 22:11:33:

difficult to flip a property to a re-haber if it is in the $ 375,000-$400,000 range as opposed to the much lesser priced properties?

I might be able to lock up a fixer that should have an ARMV of around $500,000-$550,000, and I could probly go either way on it, flip or re-hab myself and retail as there seems to be quite a bit of room there.
Thanks,
Paul