Flipping w/Realtor? - Posted by MJK

Posted by MJK on March 14, 2002 at 11:10:44:

Thanks Steve,
I’m planning on making some low offers, then when my offer gets accepted I will call a list of investors I have compiled as well as run an ad in the paper; something like…
HANDYMANS SPECIAL
3bd/2ba Needs work
33k cash

Sound reasonable? Is a realtor going to allow me to assign the contract? Should I make them aware of this beforehand?
Once again thanks
-------Matt

Flipping w/Realtor? - Posted by MJK

Posted by MJK on March 13, 2002 at 11:03:13:

Anyone have any experience flipping listed properties? I have found several canidates in my area all being offered through realtors. What are the typical Rules Of Engagement when dealing with realtors? Any words of wisdom from those that have done this would be greatly appreciated!

–Matt

Re: Flipping w/Realtor? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on March 13, 2002 at 16:24:24:

Matt,

I do this all the time. I would suggest that you proceed with the intent to buy the homes if you can’t flip them. If you are buying right then it shouldn’t be an issue, you should be able to sell everything. I have bought over 150 listed homes over the last three and a half years, so yes it can definitely be done.

Most of the candidates that I go after are bank owned. It is easier if the property is owned by a private party. You can get better/more favorable terms in the contract. Banks have dealt with investors time and time again, and today they tend to make the rules, not us as the buyer.

Happy Investing,

Steve