Flips in Atlanta - Posted by Natalie Guillaumier

Posted by Shelby on January 21, 2000 at 10:34:23:

Greetings Joe,

I also live in Atlanta. I’ve email you once before but since then I’ve lost my job. See my post “I just got fired Thank you GOD!” I would love to receive those formulas also. Thanks

Flips in Atlanta - Posted by Natalie Guillaumier

Posted by Natalie Guillaumier on January 20, 2000 at 16:23:27:

The thing that worries me most about conducting my first “flip” is actually assessing the amount of repairs needed to fix up a property. Can anyone suggest a good way of solving this problem? Of course, on reading Joe Kaiser’s article it seems that the best way to do this would be to get a contractor and let him do that. This would also eliminate any conflicts with the seller. What I’m wary of is that if there is no closing, there is no way I could afford paying a contractor.

I would really appreciate any pointers you might be willing to give me.

Thanks,

Natalie

Re: Flips in Atlanta - Posted by JoeB(Atlanta)

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on January 20, 2000 at 23:14:07:

Hi again Natalie, you could offer to pay a small ‘consulting fee’ (maybe $250-$500) to your contractor after each flip closes, to repay him for his estimating time…

Or you could develop a list of semi-standard formulas for rehab (ie. $2500 for small hvac, $3500 for large hvac, $1/sq ft of carpet, etc, etc) and carry those around on a ‘cheat sheet’ with you.

Contact me via e-mail and I’ll send you my rehab formulas for the Atlanta area.

Joe Brillante

Re: Flips in Atlanta - Posted by stan

Posted by stan on January 21, 2000 at 11:43:53:

Joe,

I’m also in Atlanta and would like a copy of your rehab formulas.

Thanks…Stan