Florida based Mentors & Investors - Posted by Sean

Posted by Roy K on March 03, 2002 at 11:58:22:

I live in the pensacols area and I and interested in flipping properties to build of cash. I dont know any investors are private lenders . Would appreciate any advice and knowledge in this area. Thank you

Florida based Mentors & Investors - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on June 08, 2001 at 10:47:20:

I am packing and will be moving to Florida.
I plan to gamble my savings for the opportunity to become a real estate investor.
I am afraid and nervous about the change but I am determined to try.
With only my car, some clothes, and poor credit I will move across the country and launch my investing career.
I am 30 year old former marine from a poor family who has yet to achieve financial success in life.
I will be purchasing one of the many real estate courses available before I leave to be my roadmap for success.

I would really like to generate a Florida based contact from this post who would be willing to provide as needed advice so I can get from nowhere (where I am now hehe) to a successful florida investor. If you are this type of person please e-mail me at bounty@sicom.net.

Thanks,
Sean

Even though I have had butterflies in my stomach all this week while packing I am excited about getting back to the coast and warm weather :).

Re: Florida based Mentors & Investors - Posted by Tony D

Posted by Tony D on March 18, 2002 at 10:22:27:

I too am moving down to S.Fla. to Launch a RE investing career. Was wondering how you made out and where you finally did settle.

where in Florida are you headed? - Posted by Evelyn (FL)

Posted by Evelyn (FL) on June 08, 2001 at 13:47:16:

I am an hour south of Orlando in Melbourne/Palm Bay.
evelyn

Mistake. - Posted by Ron (MD)

Posted by Ron (MD) on June 08, 2001 at 11:31:52:

Sean,

Others on that board will congratulate you and encourage you to go out and make offers and do deals. I am a fairly successful full time investor, but I think you are making a mistake. RE investing is very difficult and complex. It is tough to go from zero to supporting yourself in a short time. In my opinion, people without jobs should make finding a job their top priority. A job pays the bills, provides medical insurance, etc. Once you’ve satisfied those basics, you can take the necessary time to learn about RE investing…and be assured that it takes a lot of time to learn.

Having said that, it seems doubtful that I will change your mind. I have a suggestion and an offer.

Steve Cook started from scratch a few years ago and now is a very successful investor. His course on Quick Flips only costs about $150. I suggest you buy it. That will teach you a lot about his approach to wholesaling.

As for the offer…if you email me your address, I’ll send to you Ron Legrand’s For Sale By Owner course. It is a manual and 16 audio tapes. He is a very popular, well-regarded guru and this is a very popular aspect of RE investing on a shoestring (getting the deed). The copyright date is 1995, but I bought it about 15 months ago. I think he retails them for $600. You can have this with my best wishes.

Email me an address.

Ron Guy

Re: Florida based Mentors & Investors - Posted by Don R… Campbell

Posted by Don R… Campbell on June 08, 2001 at 10:57:48:

What a great opportunity!

But Please, please, please don’t consider this a gamble… consider it a business. With each and every decision you make in this business designed to get you closer to your goal of financial independence.

The best and most effective way to turn this from a gamble to a business is by following a proven system. Just follow in the footsteps of someone who’s done it all before, someone who started where you are today.

There are a lot of good step-by-step courses out there… and some real terrible programs being huckstered on people (this is disgusting). I have had good luck with the Ron LeGrand products (he started from nothing as well), but once again it only becomes successful when you decide to follow it and not screw with the system. Check e-bay as an alternative place to buy courses if you are looking for price breaks.

Ask yourself, what is your goal? Regular monthly passive Cash Flow or just capital gains. The answer to this question will help yu decide which area of real estate you’ll want to focus on.

Be honest with yourself… but know beyond a shadow of a doubt that once you decide to follow a good system, you hit a home run!

Congrats on grabbing control of your future and good luck! Kepp us all infomed on your project through this forum!

Don R. Campbell
www.albertarein.com

Re: where in Florida are you headed? - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on June 08, 2001 at 15:17:16:

I really haven’t decided. I still have a week or two before I can just hop in the car. There is a lot of information available about demographics, crime, etc… but I’m not sure how that will affect my chances of success in one city versus antoher. From the little reading I have done so far I have the impression that finding good deals will be one of the biggest challenges and that inclines me to head closer to a bigger city. The appeal of florida to me is coastline and warm weather.

Re: Mistake. - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on June 08, 2001 at 15:08:12:

To set you at ease I am not uprooting myself flat broke. I do have the means to sustain myself to give this an honest run. I term it a gamble because if I do not succeed I will simply be back at the same point where I have been thus far… working 60 hours a week for someone else :). I welcome your email offer… my address is bounty@siscom.net. Of course the sooner cash flow can be created the better chances I will have.

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Mistake. - Posted by Javier C.

Posted by Javier C. on June 08, 2001 at 13:59:51:

I wanted to applaud you on your generosity in giving Sean one of your courses. It shows that people can be unselfish and good hearted. I also live in Fl. (Miami) and I’m starting out in the RE field. If there are any investors, mentors, hard money lenders, etc. in my area, (DADE) I’d like to make your aquaintance and become business associates/partners, etc.

Re: Florida based Mentors & Investors - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on June 08, 2001 at 15:38:16:

Thanks for the e-bay tip

Sean

Re: where in Florida are you headed? - Posted by evelyn

Posted by evelyn on June 08, 2001 at 23:45:00:

Warm weather, rain when it wants to show up, snakes, gators (NOT THE FOOTBALL TEAM), hurricanes, (NOT THE OTHER FOOTBALL TEAM), low wages…Welcome to Florida!!! Keep us posted to where you end up!!!

Evelyn

Re: where in Florida are you headed? - Posted by RD (FL)

Posted by RD (FL) on June 08, 2001 at 16:08:33:

Well, you’ll get the warm weather…it is hotter than nutz down here…though we are finally getting some rain!!!

Now I’m even more concerned… - Posted by Ron (MD)

Posted by Ron (MD) on June 08, 2001 at 15:16:29:

Sean,

Like I said, this is a very difficult business. To be successful, you must pay close attention to what you’re doing and use your head.

I suggest you re-read my post, then re-read your response to it.

Ron Guy

Re: Mistake. - Posted by Lazaro

Posted by Lazaro on June 08, 2001 at 23:07:13:

Javier,
I lived in Miami for 15 years I believe. Well the first 15 years of my life. My parents had a business down there which they sold. Then they moved with me to a smaller town to give me a good High School. I know some people down there. Let me know! Email me if you like.
Cordially,
Lazaro

Re: Now I’m even more concerned… - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on June 08, 2001 at 15:36:15:

Done… email sent and let me pull my post out of my mouth. Boy did I get caught with my pants down hehe.

Thanks,
Sean