Florida Investors--Title Company Question - Posted by Matt (FL)

Posted by Walt Carey on March 24, 2006 at 17:14:22:

Eddie,

Hold me a seat in Hotlanta this summer. I need a dose of your “spiritual” guidance.

Talk later,
Walt

Florida Investors–Title Company Question - Posted by Matt (FL)

Posted by Matt (FL) on March 23, 2006 at 22:45:16:

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced, title company in the SW Florida area? I am in Ft Myers, and would appreciate a recomendation.

Thanks,
Matt

CSB Title - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on March 24, 2006 at 14:39:58:

Matt,
For Charlotte and Sarasota Counties try CSB Title Services with offices in Port Charlotte and Englewood.
They consistently do an excellent job.

BEST Title Solutions, in the Cape - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on March 23, 2006 at 23:41:37:

I have used many pathetic title companies in the area, and have found a really good one, in Cape Coral.

BEST Title Solutions, Inc.
4705 Vincennes Blvd.
Cape Coral, FL

Ask for Barbara Connelly
239-541-3388

Tell her JT sent you…

Re: CSB Title - Posted by Matt (FL)

Posted by Matt (FL) on March 24, 2006 at 17:02:13:

Thanks for the info…I appreciate it!

Quick Question JT - Posted by Matt (FL)

Posted by Matt (FL) on March 24, 2006 at 24:46:20:

Can you speak to their pricing? I have been quoted in the $1300–$1500 range (Other local title companies)…I am buying the property for $210k and the quotes don’t seem too bad…do you think Best Title will come in less than that? I’ll call them anyway, but since you have used them I thought I would get your input.

Thanks again,
Matt

Re: BEST Title Solutions, in the Cape - Posted by Matt (FL)

Posted by Matt (FL) on March 24, 2006 at 24:37:49:

Thanks for the recommendation, I will give them a call. I am currently purchasing in the Cape so hopefully this is a good fit.

Regards,
Matt

Re: Quick Question JT - Posted by ski

Posted by ski on March 24, 2006 at 19:38:57:

Morgan & asoc. out of Lehigh Acres and/or Ft. Myers. E mail me and I will give you the particulars.

Re: Quick Question JT - Posted by Walt Carey

Posted by Walt Carey on March 24, 2006 at 08:12:20:

Matt,

Here in FL the title policy rates are set by statute, ch. 627 to be exact. The re-issue credit is about 40% of the original issue amount, also set by statute. JT is correct in that the Seller usually pays for title insurance here, but that, like anything, is negotiable. Be aware though that for either party to obtain the re-issue rate, the prior policy must’ve been issued w/in 3 yrs of the effective date of the new policy.

Walt

Re: Quick Question JT - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on March 24, 2006 at 01:17:27:

Rates for title ins are going to be about the same, except maybe on reissued policy rates. So possibly if the property that you are buying has been purchased in the past year or two, there could be a refund that could be applied to the new policy. Barb is the only Title Agent, out of all the deals that I have done there, to take the time to provide reissue rate policies, which in total has saved me quite a bit of $$$.

Isn’t the Seller paying for Title Ins…? That is the norm…

Other closing costs aren’t going to vary too much, but I have found them to be more reasonable here and there, and overall, less than most… But bottom line, the cost shouldn’t vary more than a few hundred bucks from one to another. The main variable is service and accuracy, which are lacking at most other spots. That’s why I try to use BEST when possible.

JT-IN

Re: Quick Question JT - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 24, 2006 at 10:56:51:

Walt,

Saw your name on the board and thought I?d just stop and say hi.

HI,

Ed Garcia

Re: Quick Question JT - Posted by Walt Carey

Posted by Walt Carey on March 24, 2006 at 17:10:48:

JT,

Title agents are required by law to offer you the re-issue rate when its available. I do it every time. My title carrier just settled on a class action suit that cost them lots of dead presidents b/c their agents didn’t offer the re-issue rate when applicable.

Hard to think those agents were kept on after that fiasco.

Walt

Re: Quick Question JT - Posted by Matt (FL)

Posted by Matt (FL) on March 24, 2006 at 17:04:45:

Very good information, and thank you. To make a long story short, I am (the buyer) paying for title on this one, and want to use someone who is good and fairly priced.
Thanks,
Matt