Florida MLS subscription? - Posted by Minsky

Posted by Lisa on July 21, 2003 at 10:56:02:

However, if you get the MLS number on realtor.com and then punch it into www.homeseekers.com you very often can come up with the street address. I’ve used it with success.

Florida MLS subscription? - Posted by Minsky

Posted by Minsky on July 21, 2003 at 02:08:03:

Is there any way to get a subscription to the Florida MLS system if you’re not a licensed Florida realtor?

Re: Florida MLS subscription? - Posted by Carmen_FL

Posted by Carmen_FL on July 22, 2003 at 13:39:34:

No. However, in this technologically advanced age, there are always workarounds :slight_smile:

I am a Realtor in Florida. Our Board of Realtors allows us to have “IDX” (Internet Data Exchange) on our websites. That means that all the information on the MLS is available to any Realtor to post on their website. The information is usually a day or two behind the “real” MLS, and you can’t do as thorough a search, but you can see the address (if each realtor allows it on their site), etc.

I’ll e-mail you my website so you can see what I mean. It’s not “the” answer (there’s lots more info on the “real” MLS, such as the remarks/descriptions by the listing broker, and much more flexibility when it comes to looking up and saving searches, looking at specific information, selling agents, etc.), but it’s a good place to start if you want general access.

Re: Florida MLS subscription? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on July 21, 2003 at 09:16:20:

No. You have to be a Realtor or appraiser to get access.

Realtor.com is only a day or 2 behind the actual MLS, but it doesn’t have street addresses.

Re: Florida MLS subscription? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on July 21, 2003 at 05:44:52:

Minsky,

In Florida you have to become an agent to get the MLS system. I have never heard of any other way than that.

Regards,

RichV(FL)