Florida West Coast Investors - Posted by jim

Posted by jim on July 10, 2003 at 23:37:16:

Rich-
Good to hear from you. Kim and I’ll be in Sarasota/Bradenton on Monday just visiting for a week with our 5 yr old son. Our 3 yr old girl is staying home with the in-laws. Hey man----it’s been over 98 degrees here in the heartland (Kansas). If I have to be hot, I’d reather be hot on the water fighting one of those 200lb tarpon. Anyway—thanks for thinking of us. Keep yours eyes open. I think you know what would make us excited.

Take care ---- Jim, Kim, Dorothy and Toto

Florida West Coast Investors - Posted by jim

Posted by jim on July 10, 2003 at 10:51:06:

My wife and I used to live in Bradenton but now live in Kansas City. However, my father who is also a commercial RE investor, would like to purchase a home on the west coast probably within the next 8-9 months. His goal is to travel there in the winter and possibly rent it the remaining months. His goal is to find a 3-4 bedroom, 2-3 car garage house preferably with a canal for a boat. The area would be anywhere from Bradenton to Boca Grande.

I know that prices can range significantly throughout this area and by no means my father is not one that needs an extravagant home so he is not looking for something fancy. Anyway, for those of you that don’t sell at full retail prices, what types of homes/prices have you seen/sold yourself.

Thanks for any feedback. BTW-you’re probably thinking, “Well if you used to live in Bradenton you should know what the prices are.” Well it wasn’t until I moved to Kansas City that I got involved in CREI and realized what great deals can be had by working with other investors.

Thanks again---- Jim (who misses Florida daily)

Re: Florida West Coast Investors - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on July 10, 2003 at 21:14:08:

Hey Jim,

How’s it going?

Dont miss it too much. I think it was like 95 here in Sarasota today. Brutally hot and humid.

I didnt forget about you buddy. If Lynn and I come across anything that your dad may be interested in we’ll drop you an email.

Its getting tough out here to find the deals. Anyone with a pulse can get financing now.

When you make it down here drop me an email.

RichV(FL)