FLYER - Posted by peter

Posted by Peter on January 22, 1999 at 09:09:01:

Thanks to all of you!! I have put some flyers in some apartement so fare so good.MOst of them want to lease ,the only thing i have are for flip with owner financing.

FLYER - Posted by peter

Posted by peter on January 21, 1999 at 16:39:23:

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT?S UNLAWFUL TO PUT FLYER ON APARTMENT BUILDING OR
ON CARS WHERE PEOPLE WORK AT, FOR EXAMPLE THE IBM BUILDING IN DOWNTOWN HAVE A LOT OF CARS, CAN I GO IN THERE WITH OUT PERMISSION TO PUT FLYER.

Re: FLYER - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on January 22, 1999 at 02:14:16:

Hi Peter,
I’m a Lonnie Students (buying then selling mobile home (on terms)) How I use flyers and get around the no soliciation situation, is I make a little pouch (out of a cut manilla envelope with “Take One” printed on it) and have it attactched to my mobile home.
My flyer says:
“Can YOU help? $100.00 Reward
I am selling this mobile home (space XXX) and I will pay a $100.00 Reward (upon closing) to someone if they send me a buyer.”
Then I list some selling points and such about the home

“If you have a friend, relative or coworker who would like to live in this park. Let’s get together and work something out”
Dirk Roach
XXX-XXXX

I use Microsofts Pub 98 to make my flyers.

This works for me, because almost everyone in the mobile home parks I deal in are nosy, busy-bodies, and come and check things out when a sign goes up.
Good luck,
Dirk

p.s. Also you might not want to use all caps in your posts because they are hard to read and poor internet manners, it usally means that you are shouting.

Re: FLYERS and WIPER TUCKING - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on January 21, 1999 at 18:19:41:

Peter,

Putting flyers on car windows is frowned upon in many cities, and prohibited by ordinance in others. You could even find yourself subject to stiff fines for Littering (if you didn’t clean up your mess afterward). However… it’s only the intrepid souls among us who ever win the races.

Just be sure that you call the city first, and find out if there is an ordinance against Blind Posting, and what the penalties are (if any), before you do it.

Also bear in mind that the owners of apartment complex, town home complex, or parking lot (shopping center, etc.) can come after you for the cost of clean-up when your flyers are strewn all over their property; and they can end up getting a free sweep-up that way (if busted, you’ll be ordered to clean the whole enchilada… beer bottles, chicken bones, soup cans, toilet tissue and all like that).

What some wiper-tuckers do (when its not illegal), is just make sure they stay on the premises or go back in the evening and clean up after themselves: because, as I’m sure you know, 99.9% of your beautiful flyers are going to be tossed on the gound.

I’ve found that door hangers in condo complexes and apartment buildings work extremely well in my business (I do workshops and seminars re. putting people into homes and investment properties without Down Payment or Loan qualification, etc. via the 3rd party land trust conveyance): we even provide Realtors with the door-hanger forms and flyers to do it all.

Bill

P.S., I’ve been in sales too long to pay much attention to the “Post No Bills,” “No Solicitors Allowed,” “No Sales People Allowed Beyond this Point” signs and notices. Taking those dictums and signs too seriously would have cost me hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of dollars over the past 40+ years of Sales, and Sales Training. Besides, when I was in direct sales, I was never a “Salesman” or a “Solicitor” anyway… I was a “Business Consultant.” If the sign said “No Business Consultants Allowed,” THEN I was a Salesman for that day.

As they say in Outer Mongolia: “Letchur conchunce 'n dee zire too suk seed beeyer gide.”

Bill

Re: FLYER - Posted by Darin Auvil

Posted by Darin Auvil on January 21, 1999 at 17:40:35:

You will have to check with local advertising regulations. If they have a “No Solicitation” sign in there window or on their door, then that applies to all premisis including parking lots…