Following up - Posted by Sheik

Posted by Jim IL on June 01, 1999 at 15:41:52:

The good old calendar, and clipboard routine.
I purchased some investment software, and on the 26th of April got hit with a virus. (CIH).
We lost alot of data, and had to get our HD reloaded. YUCK!
Thankfully, in addition to my computer, I also use clipboards and a calendar.
I log all calls made, and info from each.
When we make offers, they get put on a “pending” clip board, and if accepted, they move to the “active” clipboard.
for the sellers who are not motivated yet, we log them and call and/or write letters or post cards to them later.I usually do all the clerical work late at night, when my home office is quiet and there are no distractions.
The letters we send out are a form letter of sorts, so we only ad the names and addresses for each.
My system may seem tedious, and I’m sure there is a better way, but honestly, it works for us, so we use it.
We also file the old classifieds and re call the ads there once in a while, and look for price drops, or other signs of motivation. (same ad for 4 months running)
By logging everything, if I’m away from the office, my wife can keep track of what I’ve done and avoid double callings. (in the beginning, we did that twice…oops!)
Anyway,
that is just how I do it,
Jim IL

P.S. And to save space, since the home/office is not large, we have a “Business/family meeting” once per month, and purge the outdated or unwanted items from our system. We also keep a notebook in the car along with a file case full of forms, “just in case” we stumble on a home for sale, while we are out.

Following up - Posted by Sheik

Posted by Sheik on June 01, 1999 at 14:26:13:

Would be interested to learn what type of follow-up
systems you guys have in place whether it be software,
notebook, sticky post-it, etc.,

Thanks for taking the time.

Sheik