for an ad, I need a picture of a mh! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 03, 2003 at 07:08:36:

Spanglish is common here in our town. In fact many of these Gauatemalen Indinos spoke a native dialect, and Spanish is their 2nd language with English their 2nd and a half.
I do enjoy entertaining them with my mangling of Spanish, though.
“Do you want to buy a mobile home and 4 corncobs with feathers on them?”…you know…little incidents like that…
Philip

for an ad, I need a picture of a mh! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on July 31, 2003 at 22:35:13:

I am makig an ad for pull-out, cheap mobiles and I need to find a “clip-art” style picture of a mobile.

I know this sounds simple…but I cant find one.
Any ideas?
Philip

Re: for an ad, I need a picture of a mh! - Posted by Rick (OH)

Posted by Rick (OH) on August 01, 2003 at 07:00:12:

Hi Philip,

I found some pictures in the clip art that came with Print Shop Pro Publisher that I used to make business cards.

A digital camera picture should be easily pasted into an ad also.

Hope this helps, Rick (OH)

Re: for an ad, I need a picture of a mh! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 01, 2003 at 22:07:55:

Thanks. I am making a flyer geared towards our immigrant Guatemalens, and I want to make it clear what type of item I have to sell.
It is a freebie, and some of them can do a lot to rehab on a tiny budget and they all gang up on the work and knock it out quick.
I need it moved because I need the spot it is in and it would cost as much to fix as bringing in a newer one.
Thanks

Re: for an ad, I need a picture of a mh! - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on August 02, 2003 at 10:08:11:

If you’re targeting the Guats, why not find out what terminology they use to refer to MH? Here in the metro Atlanta area, I have heard ‘casa movil’ (mobile house), casa de ruedas (house with wheels), and the ubiquitous ‘trailer’.

Re: for an ad, I need a picture of a mh! - Posted by philip

Posted by philip on August 02, 2003 at 06:18:37:

if I could do the work myself; I would surely leave this mh. With the work hired, time value considered, and the age of the unit; I did the math on my fingers and toes…and a toter showed me one that was turnkey and 10 years newer for 1/2 the price.
I still might leave it if I cant get a few bucks out of it…just kind of a stubborn thing.
Philip

this sounds so familiar . . . - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on August 01, 2003 at 22:47:05:

Philip, you sound like the people I get freebies from!!

Re: for an ad, I need a picture of a mh! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 02, 2003 at 10:17:27:

Casa de mobile is how a native speaker wrote up this flyer. My son works with some Guatemalan Indinos during the summer and he is gonna have them pass the word (and flyer) around.

We will see what works, Philip
PS I know just enough Spanish to confuse everyone.

is that offensive slang? - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on August 02, 2003 at 10:14:37:

I’ve never heard it, but some here may be offended. Careful withn use of that one!

Re: this sounds so familiar . . . - Posted by philip

Posted by philip on August 02, 2003 at 06:21:07:

if I could do the work myself; I would leave this mh. With the work hired, time value considered, and the age of the unit; I did the math on my fingers and toes…and a toter showed me one that was turnkey and 10 years newer for 1/2 the price.
I still might leave it if I cant get a few bucks out of it…just kind of a stubborn thing.
Philip

Re: is that offensive slang? - Posted by JoeS (FL)

Posted by JoeS (FL) on August 02, 2003 at 12:57:50:

Fluent in Spanish here…

“Casa Movil” is the currect phrase however, “trailer” is the probably the more commonly used.

BTW, it’s pronounced “trilor” in Spanglish.

Best Regards,
Joe