For Fun.......... What are some of the All Time......... - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by RobertR CO on February 24, 2000 at 13:44:11:

Pete,

Your acting training has served you well. I heard you deliver the line several times in North Carolina. Besides being impressed and educated, I almost got the idea myself on how to deliver it. I shall keep practicing.

Atlanta is too close, you know, easy access from here and I have too much free time right now (are those good excuses? When I am making an excuse I figure one is as good as another.) so I won’t make it this year. Besides someone has to stay behind and read the posts and post.

Cordially,

RobertR CO

For Fun… What are some of the All Time… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on February 21, 2000 at 22:18:27:

Greatest quotes??? Greatest Posts??? Greatest moments that made you think??? From this site and related conventions, seminars.

Lonnies… “Good Enough”

JP’s … “YOU dont know, what you Dont Know”

Terry’s … “I need to move some Assets Around”

Bill Gatten… For the “Woodchuck Conundrum”

Ray Alcorn… On Stewardship and Abundance

Please add to the list.

David Alexander

Re: For Fun… What are some of the All Time… - Posted by PeteH(NYC)

Posted by PeteH(NYC) on February 21, 2000 at 23:51:10:

Just a quick adjustment in the Terry line. It goes like this:

“I’ve got some assets … and I need to move them AROUND a little.”

The intonation makes all the difference, roomie.

I tried the “assets” line recently… - Posted by RobertR CO

Posted by RobertR CO on February 22, 2000 at 18:40:54:

Pete (intonation expert)

I executed that line (with the wrong intonation) on a friend who had an interesting deal about which he approached me. I said “we” instead of “I” and the rest was close. The friend said, “What do you mean?” I repeated the line and he repeated his question. I gave in and explained we had some money to invest. What would you(or Terry Vaughn) have said? I know, I have not bought the course yet.

Cordially, Robert

I don’t get it, please explain (nt) - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on February 22, 2000 at 12:31:26:

nt

comic delivery - Posted by PeteH(NYC)

Posted by PeteH(NYC) on February 23, 2000 at 01:12:07:

Hmmm… I know Terry gets the best results using the line in front of bankers – you know, folks you wouldn’t necessarily describe as friends? This may be one that doesn’t translate into 10-pt. Courier font. Look me up in Atlanta and we can go over it.