? for Jackie-finding investors in rural area - Posted by Karen (NY)

Posted by Karen (NY) on January 17, 1999 at 08:49:55:

Thanks Jackie! You always have such sound advice!
Karen

? for Jackie-finding investors in rural area - Posted by Karen (NY)

Posted by Karen (NY) on January 16, 1999 at 19:10:51:

Hi Jackie-

Thanks so much for your posts and article on flipping. They got me awfully excited about flipping (when I was only looking at LOs before.) Anyway, I started following your steps. Looked in my local paper for I BUY HOUSES (unlikely in a town of 639!) None here, so I started checking nearby papers. The only ones I found were in Albany, over 100 miles from here. These investors didn’t seem too interested in looking at houses here. With a 12 month old, it’s hard for me to spend a lot of time in the car and in a courthouse in Albany. (Of course, my beloved babysitter had to go downstate for a month to care for a sick friend!)

I’d really love some advice on drawing out investors in my area. Ads I should place, people to talk to, etc. Is it possible that a real deal would inspire these Albany guys to come down for a look? I’m chomping at the bit, but I’m a little unsure where to look next!

Many thanks,
Karen

-finding investors in rural area - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on January 17, 1999 at 24:23:44:

Try talking to the BROKER at the real estate offices - NOT the realtors - the BROKER. They may be interested themselves - or will probably know someone that is.

For an ad to locate rehab investors - try…

HANDYMAN SPECIAL - CHEAP - CASH 555-1212

since you’re in a rural area you might need to evaluate the availability of rehab houses before you run the ad.

Remember - you can flip mobile homes too