For Sale signs in parks - Posted by Briton

Posted by Phil Pelletier on July 07, 2003 at 19:32:02:

I don’t think it is even lawfully enforceable to tell someone they cannot place a sign in the window of their home. They can, however, tell someone that the “For Sale” sign cannot be placed in the LAND owned by the park. That makes some sense, because it looks ugly and the people selling usually don’t police their signs after they leave the park, so the owner must do it. But placing a “for sale” sign in their own window is perfectly legal and a rule against it is probably non-enforceable (Depending on your state, county, etc).

Phil Pelletier

For Sale signs in parks - Posted by Briton

Posted by Briton on July 07, 2003 at 09:40:11:

I own a 22 unit park that has mostly smaller homes. (only a few lots hold 14x70. I have a rule that states "no for sale signs can be posted in the park. Now the reason i put this in the rules is because every other park does, and it was in the rules before. But what is the real reason this is usually in rules? Why do you park owners out there have it? Thanks, Briton

Re: For Sale signs in parks - Posted by Tennessee Bob

Posted by Tennessee Bob on July 08, 2003 at 07:07:35:

Briton,

I do not own a park, but as a prospective buyer (Lonnie style), when I drive thru a park with a lot of for sale signs, it gives me a sense that there is a problem with the park. It may be a tough manager, it may be a rough neighborhood, it may just be the new airport runway that ends on the other side of the fence. Therefore a rule against “For Sale” signs may be to cover up for problems in the park.

Good Luck & GOD Bless
Tennessee Bob