? for seasoned MH investors - Posted by RickW (VA)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on February 16, 2002 at 16:42:55:

Of course, I make exceptions for those who are far less intelligent than myself.

So what time would you like to chat again tomorrow?

Karl

P.S. I know youve been out of town. Did you get my last email? Please respond to kleiner@fuse.net, I’ll see it right away.

? for seasoned MH investors - Posted by RickW (VA)

Posted by RickW (VA) on February 14, 2002 at 17:23:06:

Ive been reading the posts for months. I appreciate all the good questions and answers. We have been looking around at the parks and different MH’s for sale, talked to alot of people but have yet to do a deal.

I have been holding off thus far as Ive thought it best to get the business structure in proper order first. (Ive read Lonnie’s books and Ernest Tews books and found all helpful.) Still have some basic ? about the business structure that is best. I have many ??? but I sense the need for some basic advice as to which is most important. Start doing deals first or get the proper business foundation first.
I don’t want to be hasty or unecessarily delay doing the actual deals. I wonder if others have been in such a condition and what did they do, and also what would some of you suggest.
Your responses are valued. Thank you

Do a deal first - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on February 15, 2002 at 11:18:57:

I would suggest doing a couple deals first to see if this business is for you. If it is, then put your entity together. If its not, you didn?t waste any extra time or money. That?s how I did it. But that may not be the most prudent legal advice, its just my opinion. Even though a lot of people get excited about this business and want to start doing deals, very few actually do. It?s challenging. I?ve met a number of guys in my area who have talked about doing deals but never did, or did a couple deals, then moved on to something else. Then there?s two other guys here, Andy and Steve, who are cranking out the deals like machines.

Of course, setting up your business first means your planning to succeed. Does putting it off until later mean your planning to fail? A whole nutter topic.

Karl Kleiner

Thank You - Posted by RickW (VA)

Posted by RickW (VA) on February 16, 2002 at 08:30:26:

Thanks for your comments, I think I will try several deals and see how things go. I plan to pursue this avenue of investing with intention of getting into some real estate ventures as I gain some measure of understanding and experience.

Rick W.

Blane? - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Jacque - WA on February 15, 2002 at 16:59:41:

Hey Karl,

You hear anything from Blane lately? I haven’t seen him posting in quite awhile now…

Hi to Sarah and Baby Conrad.

Jacque - WA

P.S. Blane, if your out there I’d love to hear how it’s going for you.

Still here!!! - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on February 16, 2002 at 22:06:04:

Hi Jacque, Karl, John etc.,

I often go days now between online visits due to being busy, but no excuse!! Been trying to find properties in Detroit to flip, plus chase some foreclosures along w/ the MH’s, etc. etc.

Got 2 left been trying to unload forever. When they’re gone I’m gonna sit back and lick my wounds for a bit, as I’ve been getting killed in the MH’s lately. Losing money doesn’t fit into my business plan. I think I misread the market around here right about the time I loaded up on homes (had 6 at one point), and have been paying for it ever since. Also think I need to find a new area to work in. I’ll make a small profit on these last ones if I can unload them soon.

All that plus being a hockey family (my son’s a goalie, which explains the gray hair that’s starting to appear) fills up the time. I read up about once a week or so, and will get back to some posting soon, as I’m hearing from more MI folks.

Hope this finds you well.

Blane

Re: Blane? - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on February 15, 2002 at 21:18:36:

No, I don’t like talking to people who are significantly taller than me.

I’ll bet Blane is reading posts regularly, even though he’s not posting.

Karl

Hi ya Blane - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Jacque - WA on February 18, 2002 at 11:08:30:

Glad to hear that your still around and that things are going well. It sounds as if the kids are doing great too…a hockey goalie - no wonder your hair is turning gray. My youngest daughter was goalie on her soccer team - I would cringe everytime that ball would fly at her…but she loved it.

Have a good one.

Jacque

Re: Blane? - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on February 16, 2002 at 08:42:50:

Must be a quiet life for you then, LOL.

Hyre