For Texas MHP owners

Thanks for reading and responding.
My question is, in light of the “one mobile home sale per person, per year” in Texas without a license, what happens when you sell a MHP with park owned homes? Is there a problem transferring ownership of the homes to the new owner?
I’m asking because we own a small park in east Texas and own 5 homes that we rent out. We are wondering what would happen if we decided to sell the park including the homes.
I could spend an hour on hold and ask the TDHCA, but I would rather keep a low profile as far as any state agency is concerned.
If you have sold a park with owned homes recently in Texas would you please share your experience. Thanks.

hfrancis

Answer

I received this answer in another forum for anyone who is interested:
“This type of sale is considered the sale of a business and exempt from the licensing requirements.” Thanks to all who read my question.
hfrancis

[QUOTE=hfrancis57;884994]I received this answer in another forum for anyone who is interested:
“This type of sale is considered the sale of a business and exempt from the licensing requirements.” Thanks to all who read my question.
hfrancis[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the follow up so the answer is in the same thread as the question.

Lic is state-by-state

On sale of residence that’s not your home some states do have a bevy of rules re their state license requirement, while others (e.g.TX) are most lenient.

So please do yourself a favor and read your state’s consumer loan laws which will incorporate its version of Dodd-Frank Fed SAFE law, paying special attention to its “exemptions” from licensing requirement.

No matter how tough it looks at first glance there are some legal ways to do it in every state so if it’s got you stopped I invite you to drop me an email.

Your responses here are right in that you’re dealing with an entire business akin to an apt complex so those laws most likely exempt you.

I too live in east Texas. I would like to take a look at the property.