forclosure sale - Posted by brad

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on July 13, 2002 at 06:49:30:

I’d post on MNG, attention JT-IN, since this question involves more than legal issues.
#1: Whether you evict is up to you as owner of the property.

#2: You CANNOT skip this search and assume that all liens and taxes will just go away! Your local law and errors made by the seller (e.g.- forgets to properly serve a lienholder) can have a HUGE impact on what stays and what doesn’t! Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!

#3 Talk to that tenant!

John Hyre

forclosure sale - Posted by brad

Posted by brad on July 12, 2002 at 08:08:23:

i am wanting to get in on an upcoming sale but i have a few worries.

1. if the home is still occupied do i have to evict?
    granting acception to a tenant if paying rent i would renew lease since it is probably not there fault llord didn’t pay the bills.

2. the wording in the newspaper states that purchasser is responsable for any liens,taxes or judgments that are superior to the lein held by forclosing party. My question is since it would be very costly and time consuming to even attempt to check for 2nds are they still valid after the sale or is like on cars at a police auction where they have the right to bid but that is it.

3. Since inspection other than a drive by is not possable is there anything that i can do if i find alot of damage that is not disclosed or have they covered there a$$ already?

the sale i am referring to is in columbus georgia next month. alot more homes this time but i havent had time to really check this process out yet. if this is in the archives i do apologize it is not working right now.