Forecloser finding and closeing - Posted by Paul Carlin

Posted by phil fernandez on April 18, 2000 at 19:51:38:

Paul,

The most productive use of your time when dealing with foreclosures would be to knock on the door of the owner. A single post card in most cases won’t do it. What Joe Kaiser does is have a mailing campaign to the owner, where he may get 3 or 4 different mailings. this keeps your name at the forefront of the owners mind.

I have found that people in foreclosure are at first in denial thinking that their problem will take care of itself, which it rarely does. As the foreclosure sale gets closer, the more willing the owner will be to deal with you.

My advice is to get Kaisers Totally Dominate Your Foreclosure Marketplace course. Money very well spent.

Forecloser finding and closeing - Posted by Paul Carlin

Posted by Paul Carlin on April 18, 2000 at 18:51:48:

I have mailed post cards to all the people who will be going into forecloser in the next month (got the list out of the newspaper)in my county. There are about twenty five. I know that I should not wait untill they hit the paper, but the is my first try. I will go down to the county court house to get the fresh list.

My question is, Does direct mailing work for you all? What works better, postcards or letters?

Should I go to the houses and knock on the doors? I think this would be the most productive way, but what should I say? I know that I have things to offer, but what is the best opening to the home owner? How do I break the ice?

Here is all the bag of tricks that I have to offer.

1. Sign title to me :slight_smile: and let them walk away.
  2. I am a loan officer and can get them a refi ( if the LTV is >65%)
  3. Hard money lender second. Make a small commision on that
  4. Get there house listed with my agent friend and then get the loan for the purchaser (if needed).
  5. Make a contact with a lawyer and refer them to him for their BK. Maybe he could send me deals.

That is all I can think of doing. I am sure there are more, but what?

Thanks in advance.

Re: “Foreclosure” finding and closing - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on April 19, 2000 at 02:44:44:

The foreclosure arena is a tough place to learn the real estate business. Go slowly . . . it’s probably not what you think it is.

When it comes to contacting them, you need to be first. What you may not know is . . . you need to be last as well.

Forget the bag of tricks. Find properties with equity and work out a deal that solves their problem and puts you in control of huge chunks of equity.

Joe