FORECLOSURE need CONTRACT Example - Posted by Thomas

Posted by Ron (MD) on March 10, 2001 at 10:25:53:

Thomas,

You’re probably wasting your time trying to find your own contract in this situation. You have two (big) strikes against you here (re. using your own contract). First, the agent’s broker probably requires that offers be submitted on an approved contract…which means one that protects the broker/agent. Secondly, the seller here is a bank and they are also very unlikely to even consider your contract. In fact, they will probably require you to agree to their addenda (guess who they protect?).

I do have a contract I use for FSBO’s, but wouldn’t even try to use it with an agent or a bank/seller involved.

As an aside, I know that many of the “sharp” investors have one contract that they use as a buyer and another they use as a seller, each favoring them in that particular situation. I use the same contract when dealing with my buyers or sellers. It’s a basic, neutral contract that is (I think) fair to both sides.

Ron Guy

FORECLOSURE need CONTRACT Example - Posted by Thomas

Posted by Thomas on March 10, 2001 at 09:33:00:

I’m going today to see a foreclosure with the agent…
I had talked about this down a ways but now I am wondering what exactly I would put in a contract…

Im interested in someone E-Mailing me a Word document form example of what they would use on a foreclosure offer…

Can someone email this to me? My email is

tbryan@memphis.edu

Thanks a ton!