foreclosure techniques - Posted by Lisa

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 07, 2000 at 10:14:15:

Lisa,

Are you asking about foreclosed properties or PREforeclosure properties?

If you are asking about foreclosed properties, here’s what I do. I live in Arizona, a trust deed state. In my county, you can find the “Trustee’s Deed Upon Sale” filed at the county recorder’s office within a few weeks of the sale. However, by then, it’s kinda late to jump in the game. If an institutional lender foreclosed on the property, they would have it listed with a real estate broker by then.

If you are asking about PREforeclosure properties, these, too, are listed at my county recorder’s office 90 days before the trustee’s sale. In non-trust deed states, I believe that the lender must file a “Lis Pendens” with the court. This is your notice of an impending foreclosure on a property.

Regards getting people to “go along with your offer”, there is no one technique that will work in all situations. You’ll need to customize your offers to individual situations. Find the owner’s motivation for getting out of the property. It’s different from one owner to the next.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

foreclosure techniques - Posted by Lisa

Posted by Lisa on May 07, 2000 at 01:36:23:

Hi, I’m looking for advice on how to find foreclosure properties (excellent strategies). I also want to know how to get people to go along with my offer. Help!

Lisa