Foreclosure Websites? (Are they worth the money) - Posted by Glen

Posted by T Jent on March 26, 2000 at 03:08:40:

I tried one of the online foreclosure services once, and found it a frustrating and worthless experience. It was not at all current: old properties were still listed well after they were sold; and new properties were not listed immediately, so that the best ones were probably snatched up before they ever made it online.

Foreclosure Websites? (Are they worth the money) - Posted by Glen

Posted by Glen on March 24, 2000 at 09:25:55:

I recently heard about a website (foreclosureworld.com) which is suppose to give weekly lists of foreclosure auctions, bank owned property and contacts etc in any area you want. They have a one time join up fee of over $300.00. Has anyone joined this site. It sounds really good but I wonder if information is current and correct. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Glen

Re: Buyer Beware - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 27, 2000 at 01:31:53:

In my previous message I warned about some foreclosure listing services including Foreclosure Bargains.

Well, I checked my credit card balance tonight and found it was way off. I checked into the charge detail and found Foreclosure Bargains had charged my account for $499.00 the other day(unauthorized). This is interesting because they do not even have anything for sale at that price.

I ordered a three month subscription to their service last October. They only sent me two months(each about a month late) instead of the three I paid for. Calls to them are not returned or you get a message that their customer service mail box is full.

-Chris

Re: Foreclosure Websites? (Are they worth the money) - Posted by Shawn

Posted by Shawn on March 26, 2000 at 24:07:24:

I have used foreclosurefair.com and foreclosureworld.com and both in my opinion were a waste of money. They for the most part were outdated. I wasted my money. You will be better off buying your local county newspaper and go from their. They will give you the property address, the original lender, the deliquent owner, and some mortgage info (I found that the mortgage info is different state to state), and the attorney handeling the foreclosure. At least the information is current and reliable.

Re: Foreclosure Websites? (Are they worth the money) - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 24, 2000 at 09:46:48:

Glen-

Do an archive search at the top of the page. They do not have a good reputation judging by what I’ve seen posted at this site and other sites they have been mentioned at. If you are feeling pressured into signing up before the “special” price offer ends don’t worry too much about that. I’m sure that if you don’t sign up by that deadline that you will still get the same price. Amazing how that works ;-}

If you post the state you are planning to invest in that should help others guide you to a good source of foreclosure information. One source I can personally warn you against using is foreclosurebargains.com who also advertise on television. Don’t waste your money with them. Out of date & useless #$%^!!!

If you are not already a member of your local RE Investors club you should join up. The investors there can lead you to foreclosure information that may otherwise appear hidden. You can find a club near you at the links on the left of the page.

• Good Luck, Chris