Foreclosures on the internet - Posted by Edward Smoke

Posted by Andrew Graham on November 30, 1999 at 19:05:58:

There are dozens of ways to find foreclosures, etc. I am not a beginner in real estate and have found that for beginners there are two simple ways to find foreclosures: the courthouse and the legal paper, these are not the best ways, but they are the easiest ways. I was offering another option besides a foreclosure service, which there is no need for. I agree there are better ways to do the same thing, however beginners will be able to get an education from learning the sysytem for themselves, though I do believe that Kaisers course would be a good investment, as I do not own it but I have seen it, and do use some of the same techniques.

Foreclosures on the internet - Posted by Edward Smoke

Posted by Edward Smoke on November 29, 1999 at 19:42:01:

I am relatively new to real estate investing. After completing my first deal with relative success, I am now looking to invest in bank foreclosures. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of the online foreclosure listing web sites. Do they keep their databases up to date and if they do is there anything left for the investor. Most of them charge a one time sign up fee which is non refundable. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Get their first, via Joe Kaiser. - Posted by Jack Z.

Posted by Jack Z. on November 30, 1999 at 18:17:56:

If you really want to look into foreclosures and have the best chance to make a great deal for yourself, you’ve got to find out about them way before they’re on any internet site or in any legal paper. And the way you do that is by buying Joe Kaiser’s foreclosure course and learning and doing. He describes several techniques of finding out about foreclosure properties long before they go “to press”, and even before the other investors around you find out about them.

Where I’m from, I can find out about a distressed property two weeks before it goes to press in the legal paper. That gives me a two week advantage over someone just being lazy and waiting for others to bring them the information (in this case, waiting for the published notices of trustee’s sale.) And that’s only by employing the lazy man’s method: checking at the Recorder’s office. Being a lazy man, I’m two weeks up. But when I get more serious and use some of his other techniques, I’ll be two MONTHS ahead of where I am now.

Now, have I got one (a foreclosure deal) yet? No, but I’m just a beginner. I’ve only been applying Joe’s principles for two weeks, and I’m still working on mustering up the guts to face someone who’s really distressed and probably doesn’t feel at first like doing something about it. But if I keep at it, the deals will come. As long as I get there first…and with Joe’s help, I can.

So if you’re serious about it, get the education you deserve. And get there first.

Good luck!

Jack Z.

Re: Foreclosures on the internet - Posted by Drew

Posted by Drew on November 30, 1999 at 24:00:29:

You would get more by subscribing to your local legal paper, they list all foreclosures,etc. Also, calling local banks,etc. I have never subscribed to any foreclosure service, but there really is no need to. If you want to know if you have a legal paper in your city or if the local paper carries legal notices just call your local courthouse and ask.

Where? - Posted by Tony James

Posted by Tony James on November 29, 1999 at 23:44:10:

WHere is a Forecloser Web site?