Foreclosures - Posted by Joe

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on March 30, 2000 at 12:28:57:

Joe,

I can tell you that it really depends upon the trustee. Most are tight-lipped about title details. However, my partner and I have found a couple of trustees who will tell us some things. Nonetheless, it’s not enough to keep us from doing our homework. They don’t work for us. They work for the lienholder. Hence, they have no obligation to provide us with anything other than the information that is made public by law. We run all title questions through our title company who can provide us with a “quick look” report in about 10 minutes.

So, whether they’ll answer your questions or not, I’d highly recommend that you research it yourself. No one is going to care about getting you the right information like YOU!

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

Foreclosures - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on March 30, 2000 at 11:59:25:

While at the courthouse steps yesterday to “see the process”

and get some information. I asked a few of the sharks this question and wanted to comapare this with the CREO response?

Will the trustee or attorney give out infomantion on the loan in question such as, is the loan a 1st mortgage(deed of trust) of a 2nd mortgage(deed of trust)?

The response was “NO, they won’t even talk to you! you just have to research it.”

Is this true?

Thanks!!!

Re: Foreclosures - Posted by TCB

Posted by TCB on March 31, 2000 at 17:26:57:

THey are not supposed to give yo information, based on the rules and regualtions of the Fair Debt Collections Practies Act. It does not mean you can’t call them. Sometimes you will get a newly hired person who will answer ALL of your questions.
I have worked for the lender, in which we were sued due to released information from the attorney’s office.