forgery of a deed? - Posted by Cory

Posted by John Merchant on August 01, 2005 at 21:34:20:

Get your lawyer on this immediately as the bank’s bond and insurance will cover this bad maneuver by the bank employee.

Most peoople never know about it, but if and when a bank screw-up costs somebody money, whether it’s a matter of taking money out of wrong account, or depositing to wrong account, the bank is absolutely liable and their bond and insurance covers the loss.

Banks sure don’t advertise that fact but it’s just as real as daylight.

forgery of a deed? - Posted by Cory

Posted by Cory on November 29, 2004 at 18:40:44:

I took a property sub 2 about a 1 1/2 yrs ago and the ex husband has signed our companies name to a quit claim deed and filed it. I was wandering if anyone knows of a form called “affidavit of forgery” I was told that I could file this to cloud the title. He has tried to list it on the MLS to sell it. I have talked with the DA and they told me to file a police report which I did. however I don’t think this ranks at the top of their list of priorties! Will I have to find a realestae attorney to get this unwound? And is there anything else I can do to get this guy out of the picture?
Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Deed forgery and notary public - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on December 02, 2004 at 10:25:42:

If the fraudulent deed was recorded, that means that the Notary Public who acknowledged the deed (NO deed can be recorded without a notary’s signature)and his/her NP’s bond are on the line here.

That NP and his/her bonding company are liable for any fraud in which that NP was a party or even an ignorant or stupid participant.

Take this to your lawyer.

Re: forgery of a deed? - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on November 29, 2004 at 22:43:05:

Yes, get a lawyer and do it yesterday!

Re: Deed forgery and notary public - Posted by Sharon Wells

Posted by Sharon Wells on August 01, 2005 at 18:40:48:

My signature was forged on 2 mortgages by my ex husband and stamped and sealed and recorded at the registry of deeds. The notary was from the bank that drew up the documents. What can I do??