Forming LLC's On Line - Posted by Scott - MI

Posted by Tim on May 04, 2007 at 21:50:15:

No, it’s merly a form in Virginia with the fee. Virginia has a site where you can search existing entities so you can check if the name you want is available as well.

Tim

Forming LLC’s On Line - Posted by Scott - MI

Posted by Scott - MI on May 03, 2007 at 17:50:44:

Hi all,

I used to use Quick-Inc.com to form LLC’s they were reasonably priced, but I go to there sight now and they are selling the site. I was wondering if anyone knows of an online site to get an LLC set up?

Thanks in advance!

Scott-MI

Re: Forming LLC’s On Line - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on May 04, 2007 at 12:05:01:

You can do it yourself for just the filing fee. In Virginia I set one up doing just that and it cost me like $75.

Tim - VA

Re: Forming LLC’s On Line - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on May 04, 2007 at 07:22:07:

There are to many to count if you do a google search. I am glad you asked though because I didn’t know of the options the two guys below mentioned.

Re: Forming LLC’s On Line - Posted by Sam-MI

Posted by Sam-MI on May 03, 2007 at 22:46:18:

Hi Scott

Go to Michigan.gov and do it yourself for $50.00 that’s what I done, save yourself some money and do-it-yourself, self explantory.

Sam

Re: Forming LLC’s On Line - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on May 03, 2007 at 20:51:19:

Depending on the state, you can set up an LLC on their Secretary of State website. For example, CO, NV and TX have this service.

Re: Forming LLC’s On Line - Posted by Jim (wa)

Posted by Jim (wa) on May 04, 2007 at 16:31:42:

Isn’t there some other necessary paperwork for setting one up, like Article of Formation for an LLP?

I thought the websites from the secretary of state were just for registering it?

Jim

Posted by Rich-CA on May 09, 2007 at 09:44:34:

Its only $25 in Colorado and only the Registered Agent and not the members show up in a web search (though the mailing address does show, so you can get all that business junk mail).

Forming State of WA LLC - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on May 11, 2007 at 09:34:21:

A WA State LLC is formed quickly with the one p. registration form provided by the WA Sec of State and found on its website.

That’s it. Todo. All. Fini.

I’m recalling some brilliant classical musician even put this to music:

“That’s all there is, there ain’t no more, so please stop knocking on my front door…ah’m through with you.”

Posted by Rich-CA on May 09, 2007 at 09:48:42:

The Articles are created by the website, but you do need an Operating Agreement and I always suggest getting an EIN from the IRS (Form SS-4), which can be done online as well. This is enough documentation to get a bank account opened and obtain a Company Credit Card (you need banking relationships that are active to demonstrate you “for real”).

For the OA, I use the Nolo Press software “LLC Maker” which is a Q&A fill in that generates an Operating Agreement. It also gives you the Articles for filing, which I used in AZ which does not have online LLC creation. The Nolo Press software covers variations for each state and also lets yu know the requirements for each as well.

Re: Forming LLC’s On Line - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on May 05, 2007 at 17:21:22:

I agree with you. There may be a need for an operating agreement and others docs as well. I think a lot of people on these boards think it’s as easy as filing with the state. I hope they don’t end up in court later.

–Natalie