found private investor - Posted by bob

Posted by BIGDADDY(MD) on June 27, 2002 at 11:26:19:

That’s reasonable, maybe a little bit high on the fee but a drowning man doesn’t turn down a flotation device because it’s not the preferred flotation device.
Do your math, if its not a long term investment (and possibly even if it is) the difference for the cost of the money over a short period of time (if your turning it over quickly) is minimal compared to what you could potentially make. I don’t know the parameters of your deal but as I said do the math, not to mention the fact the most hard money lenders can move relatively quickly with minimal paperwork. That in itself is a giant plus.
Hope this helps, if you have any other questions post it for me and I will be glad to answer it (if possible).

found private investor - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on June 26, 2002 at 19:59:53:

Posted on another board but seen that this board would probably be a better fit.

I found an investor who requires $2500 for a 30yr amort loan and a 3 year call. (no prepay penalty) The rate is 14% with loan amounts up to $60k
My credit is good (high 6’s low 7’s) but I can’t find a lender who will finance non owner-occupy without 30% down.
Even at 14% the house will still cash flow nicely.
Is this too high?? Or am I being too greedy looking for that extra 4-6% savings.
Thanks for your help
Bob

Re: found private investor - Posted by Doug

Posted by Doug on July 05, 2002 at 12:33:15:

While I agree that ‘conventional financing’ may be available to you with your scores; it depends very much on the property. Are you buying it ‘as is’ with a great deal of rehab? If so, most conventional lenders will not touch it (deferred maintenance or repairs in excess of 3-5%) - hard money may be the only way for you to go. Good Luck

Re: found private investor - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on July 03, 2002 at 20:47:41:

She is a local lender and will only work by referal (1st time using her)
I plan on holding the house(s) for some time. I can refi with wells fargo after 12 months of seasoning.
Thanks
Bob
ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY

Re: found private investor - Posted by Jeanelle

Posted by Jeanelle on July 03, 2002 at 09:52:08:

Go see another mortgage broker. Typically with non-owner occupied financing from my personal experience…you can go 90% LTV with only 10% down. In fact, most investors we deal with put 10% down. That also depends on other factors and you didn’t mention in detail your deals. Are you looking to flip or hold as a rental…short term or long term loan.

Re: found private investor - Posted by George SC

Posted by George SC on July 01, 2002 at 17:19:54:

I’m looking for a lender like that. Is he nationwide?
Do you mind passing on his info?

You Can Do Much Better - Posted by MemphisRam

Posted by MemphisRam on June 27, 2002 at 13:29:49:

Go see a mortgage broker.

With scores like that you could get a deal done with 20% down just stating your income.

And if you can proved your income there are lenders out there that will go 5% or 0% down with those credit scores.