FRAUDULENT "Russ Whitney" WRITER - Posted by Roger

Posted by michael e. v. knight on March 07, 2001 at 01:21:32:

russ i know why you charge people to come to your trainings. some of the people have you for free on this board and spend more time asking if it is really you than they do asking you questions that could help them on their journey to success. the people that buy your books and tapes and take your seminars are the doers. they are willing to invest their time and $ to learn how to become successful. i have friends that want to do deals with me and i ask them 1) do you have any $ to put down on a property? 2)do you have time during the day to go to city hall to find out who owns the vacant property they find while driving around? 3) do you have any type of fixup knowledge such as painting or carpentry 4)do you have any knowledge about real estate investing and if no are you willing to invest in the courses i tell you to buy? the answer to all questions is usually no. then i ask why should i do a deal with you if you have nothing to offer? they can never answer that one. i will only work with people that are willing to invest in themselves by purchasing russ whitney and/or carleton sheets or any other book on real estate. most people that contact me want me to give them copies of all my tapes or even worse want me to spend hour after hour teaching them how to invest (for free of course).i made the necessary sacrifices and investments in education (as i still do) to learn how to invest. if you are serious you have to spend $ on education. i know doctors and attornys that read about their profession on a continuous basis.
michael e. v. knight

FRAUDULENT “Russ Whitney” WRITER - Posted by Roger

Posted by Roger on March 06, 2001 at 15:56:23:

To all:
Please consider that a man who claims to be the CEO of a multi-million dollar company has been on our message board, at all hours of the day, for about three days. This is a hoax! He has offered no strategy. All he/she has done is ask people to use their real names and offer advice on how they should ask their questions. If he was really the great Russ Whitney, wouldn’t he appear in a chat forum, or something??? We cannot take this person to be real!!! We have better things to do with our time!

Is Terry the real Terry - Posted by George

Posted by George on March 06, 2001 at 20:49:49:

I wonder if Terry is not the real Terry… (I am just kidding of course):slight_smile:

Re: FRAUDULENT “Russ Whitney” WRITER - Posted by rw

Posted by rw on March 06, 2001 at 18:29:26:

Ok Roger,

So who do you think I am? Do you think I earned my millions by not working. I lead by example, not by dictum.

Why don’t you see if you can hang with me for the hours I am on this board? Got the guts?

Come on anonymous man, hang. By the way,if you had the stamina to read all the posts I have put up you would note that I have given many great tips and have answered many posts that are purely technique oriented… HELLO?

Also, if you have the work ethic to read on you will note that I have asked several of my trainers all over the US to step up and help guide this board to a productive end. Guess what? They have stepped up on their own time, for freee and given some great advice.

Come on now,If you are going to be on this board,tell us a little about yourself. Give us some idea of what you are doing and test us with some questions that have something to do with helping your real estate career.

Are you on the right board? This IS the real estate board, you know?

Sincerely Not wanting to waste my time or yours

Russ Whitney

Re: FRAUDULENT “Russ Whitney” WRITER - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on March 06, 2001 at 17:04:32:

First of all, if I was a multi-millionare I would have plenty of time to write here too and I probably will. Secondly, we need some people to doubt him because then he has to prove himself. I feel he has done that. Thanks to all of you who made him do so. Now I have some phone calls to make. I have 5 years to go. See you then.

Re: FRAUDULENT “Russ Whitney” WRITER - Posted by tom

Posted by tom on March 06, 2001 at 16:28:31:

I think it is the Real Russ. Terry V. said it is the real deal. Your disapointment in his responses says something about the man.

WRONG! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on March 06, 2001 at 16:26:23:

Roger:

I am one of the owners of this site. I know Russ Whitney personaly. He and his staff met with me and JP (my wife and partner) by phone a few days ago and together we decided to launch this question and answer session FOR YOUR BENEFIT!

Either take advantage of a chance to talk with Russ or don’t.

Either way, it IS FOR REAL!

If you have better things to do, okay - we will miss your input, but such is life!

what is the reason - Posted by lori

Posted by lori on March 06, 2001 at 18:39:49:

Terry, why do you thing Russ changes the subject every time someone asks him to produce a single millionaire student.

Re: what is the reason - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on March 06, 2001 at 23:27:41:

Lori:

This is like having someone ask us at CREOnline for a list of people who have “really” made money with the books and courses we sell. Then we provide the list and the response is, “no, I mean the “real” list!”

Then we point to all the success stories (http://www.creonline.com/success.htm) and the response is - “No, I want to see the “real” stories, not the phony ones you put up for us to read.”

Then I, as a teacher, point out all the different ways to be successful with the ideas and concepts I use every day and the response is, "No, I don’t want to hear the “sales pitch” to buy your book, I want the “real” ideas, that “really work!”

Lori, it never ends! Why should I waste my time?

Why is it people are so ready to “disbelieve”? Why do I not take the time to provide all my successful students and parade them around for you to touch and feel and probe and test?

Because you will just say to me, "where are the “real” students, not the phony ones, the shills, you bring out to sell me with??

It gets old! Because, after you have been in this game a long time (Since the ?70s for me) and know from experience what works and what won’t, you recognize that first hurdle that you (me) had to over come in the beginning, “DOUBT”.

Doubt is the first tall obstacle to over come! Doubt kills more ideas and new beginnings than all “real” obstacles combined! And, it’s EVERYWHERE!

Your friends, parents, co-workers, even strangers! Everyone KNOWS it can’t be done.

A close friend of mine in the early ?80s (Don) wanted me to show him how to make more money. He liked the idea of real estate and asked me to teach him what to do.

I showed Don a few ideas, and he MARCHED with those ideas. He didn’t say, “Terry show me the “real” ideas.” He didn’t say, "Terry give me the names of other friends who you have taught so that I know what you teach me is “real”. He just TOOK the ideas at face value and BOOKED! He made a few mistakes, sure, but finally nailed his first deal. He made $16,000.00 on that deal.

Don was so excited! He wanted to share his newly found knowledge with his family. I went along as Don drove over to his father’s house. There on the diner table, with copies of the transaction spread before him, Don walked his father through the transaction. Finally, with a proud flourish, Don whipped out a copy of the $16,000 check he had just deposited that day and set down in front of his father.

Don and I waited for the response from his father as he looked over all the papers and rubbed his chin. Finally he raised his eyes to his proud son and said, “You can’t do it that way.”

Don’s mouth fell open! After a moment, he said, “Dad, I don’t think you understand. I’m showing you how I have already done it! Here’s the proof!” He pointed to the check.

His dad shook his head and said, “I don’t care what you are showing me, it can’t be done that way!”

My good friend, Don, never did another deal. He knew it could be done, but he let the influence of an ignorant man take him off the track. For years afterward I would tell Don he should do some more deals and increase his net worth and secure his future. He would say, “I will, one day”.

He finally did another deal, many years later. After his father died. What a waste of time.

Why do people like Russ and I succeed? Because we know the power of knowledge! We know that a single idea or twist of an idea, if applied, can make you all the money you will ever need!

I started with the same two books Russ did, “How to Awaken the Financial Genius Inside You!” by Mark O’Haroldson and “Nothing Down” by Robert Allen. Those two books made me hundreds of thousands of dollars! But ONLY because I took those ideas and APPLIED them! I didn’t send a letter to Bob or Mark and demand to see a successful student. In fact, I hoped that none of their students had made a dime! I hoped they were all too stupid to see the GENIUS in the words of those books! I didn’t want any competition! I didn’t need anyone holding my hand, holding me back! I knew, just like Russ, that the ideas and MY ATTITUDE could over come any doubt or obstacle in my path. Because I now had in my head the KNOWLEDGE of how to get there! I had the most valuable commodity there is!

I hope you and others who are doubters will not succumb to the constant negative doubt that surrounds us all the time. You will find, after you have become good at this investing thing, that doubt will become a thing of the past. It will become your habit to cast doubt aside and KNOW you can do what ever it is you want. You will live your life with the habit of success! A habit you will have ingrained in your body as all successful people like Russ Whitney and others like him have done also.

How?s that Russ?

Re: what is the reason - Posted by rw

Posted by rw on March 06, 2001 at 21:14:28:

Terry,

Field that ! : - )

I’ll take any suggestion you make and produce.

However, you know, exactly why I resist this kind of post…

Your thoughts? response? Suggestion?

Lay it on… I’ll do whatever you throw…as you know.

Want a hundred of em? Want a thousand? Or want to help this person by shutting down the excuse?

Your call Maestro.

Russ Whitney