Free at last! - Posted by Leslie C. Ray

Posted by Jack (Ky) on May 04, 1999 at 14:08:21:

“Leigh Robinson is the author of the book Landlording, which was named one of the Ten Best Real Estate Books of 1994 by syndicated real estate columnist Robert Bruss.” I took this from J.T. Reed’s Website. (I give credit where credit is due.)

Jack Stivers

Free at last! - Posted by Leslie C. Ray

Posted by Leslie C. Ray on May 04, 1999 at 01:19:40:

I have been in the rental homes business for nine years and still know nothing about it. I have just gotten out of the poor house where I’ve been for the last eight and a half of those nine years. Now that I’m ‘free at last!’ I’d like to learn to do right what I have, obviously, been doing wrong for my entire business life. I’ve brought my credit back from the dead, my mind back from the twilight zone, and tossed the bad tenants out. Next is to find out what the two pieces of property are really supposed to be doing. Does anyone know how I can find a listing of seminars, conventions, conferences, and the like, whose theme is: ‘How to handle rental properties if you know nothing’? I’ve tried selling them but, evidently, wherever the seminars are everybody in Kalamazoo has been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt so it looks like I’m stuck with them.

Nobody ever comes to this city and escapes so I need to hear from somebody on the ‘outside’ who can help me.

In the famous words of what’s-his-name: Keep hope alive!

Re: Free at last! - Posted by santina

Posted by santina on May 04, 1999 at 12:54:08:

I’m from the outside and I can definately help - email me!

Re: Free at last! - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on May 04, 1999 at 12:15:09:

Congratulations!
HR’s post below came up as “Not Found”, so I’ll reccommend a couple books. One I found invaluable is “Landlording”. I don’t recall the author’s name, but its a big yellow book with Snidely Whiplash on the cover.

Also check out “The New No-Nonsense Landlord” by Richard H. Jorgensen, and the “Landlord’s Legal Guide” from Nolo Press.

Bert G

Plan of Attack - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on May 04, 1999 at 05:03:09:

Hi Leslie,
I think that Kalamazoo has some great potential markets. One being the University there. In any venture it seems to me that you want to sift through the targets pick out which ones you want to focus on and then modify your strategy to accommodate that.
I think that the University there could be one such target.
Dirk

Go to: www.mrlandlord.com (nt) - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on May 04, 1999 at 01:57:47: