FREE FICO SCORE - Posted by Neil

Posted by DavidB on March 19, 2002 at 22:54:36:

E-loan states that their report does not show up, it’s a consumer inquiry.

FREE FICO SCORE - Posted by Neil

Posted by Neil on March 15, 2002 at 11:50:10:

I remember a message in one of these forums which had a website that actually gave a free fico score. This was a true free score where you didn’t have to put in a credit card and sign up, it actually gave you a score in real time online. Does anybody know which site this is? I can’t find it in the archives. Thanks in advance.

Re: FREE FICO SCORE - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on March 15, 2002 at 13:38:56:

Hi Neil,

I am not aware of any website although transunion will provide you your score upon request try www.transunion.com.

Sincerely

Bruce Lawson

Re: FREE FICO SCORE - Posted by Neil

Posted by Neil on March 16, 2002 at 10:04:22:

Thanks Bruce, I remembered what site it was. If you sign up at eloan.com, you can get a free fico score within a couple of minutes. You don’t have to put a credit card in and it is free. Not a bad deal.

Re: FREE FICO SCORE - Posted by PAT

Posted by PAT on March 18, 2002 at 20:23:08:

You have to be careful. I think that e-loan.com will show up as though you are applying for credit and has the potential to lower your score. I went to each of the big 3 and paid and average of $11 for each. When you pay for it, it is a consumer inq. and will not have an effect on your score. Not a bad deal. Gives you a good starting point. I found several things wrong on mine that I am currently disputing.

Re: FREE FICO SCORE - Posted by Neil

Posted by Neil on March 18, 2002 at 21:32:17:

I took Bruce’s advice and went to www.transunion.com I received a credit report. E-loan actually shows up as a consumer inquiry, but it did not coincide with the score transunion gave me. If I am correct, transunion’s score is the fico score and they gave me a lower score than eloan’s fico score. So now I don’t trust that eloan score. I guess you get what you pay for. I am disputing some things just like you. I’m going to go ahead and pay for the other credit reporting agencies also. Thanks Pat.