FREE HOUSES - Posted by MarkHOUTX

Posted by Irwin on January 22, 1999 at 16:56:52:

Come to think of it, as I recall from talking to movers, they often are the ones who take these houses, because they can do their own moving. You might try to get a short term option and sell it to a mover for a few bucks, but be careful to do it so they can’t just wait out your option and get it for nothing themselves.

FREE HOUSES - Posted by MarkHOUTX

Posted by MarkHOUTX on January 21, 1999 at 21:53:10:

I have had 2 free houses offered to me this week. Of course, they both have to be moved. I have never done a deal so I’m at a loss as to what if anything I should do with these offers. These houses are woodframe houses that are in reasonable shape for vacant houses. How do I tie these up since I am not buying the real estate? Any input is appreciated.

Make a phone call - Posted by Irwin

Posted by Irwin on January 22, 1999 at 05:20:56:

to a house mover in your area. They will fill you in on what’s involved in moving a “free” house.

Re: FREE HOUSES - Posted by Reif

Posted by Reif on January 22, 1999 at 01:02:25:

There was some discussion on this topic a couple of weeks ago. You might want to do a search and see what others had to say about moving houses.

Reif

Re: FREE HOUSES - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 21, 1999 at 22:22:29:

If you have no where to move them or the resources to move them they are worthless. You can’t put them somewhere until you find a place to move them to. The land is what makes them worth anything. without it I would guess that the homes are worthless.

SCook85

Re: Make a phone call – Thanks - Posted by MarkHOUTX

Posted by MarkHOUTX on January 22, 1999 at 06:52:51:

Thanks Irwin, I’ll do that. I have about 30 other prospects and I think after ya’lls feedback these 2 should be moved to the bottom of the prospect list. Still, a mover may know someone who will give a few bucks to me for these two houses. So, I will followup and see what they say.