Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by K.EDISON on January 25, 2002 at 13:38:31:

I cant imagine Ed not coming to the Convention his roundtable discussions are by far the most popular. Im gonna miss him. But im lucky hes not to far from me.

K.Edison(L.A.)

Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 25, 2002 at 12:51:55:

As you may know, Ed Garcia is one of our very best friends.
His Lender’s Workshop is the ONLY seminar I have ever
endorsed, and I can do so without hesitation.

But Eddie just didn’t want to give a presentation at the
convention this year. He declined many times and, out of
respect for our friendship, I respected Eddie’s wishes.

Now Eddie says he’s not coming to the convention at all! I
thought he would at least come and hang out and host a round
table. But, nope, he says he’s not coming.

Ed and his wife, Sandra, spent last weekend with us, and I do
have Sandra working on him. But we need more help.

I just cannot imagine a CRE Online Convention without Ed Garcia.
Can you?

Help us persuade Eddie to get his buns to Atlanta this year.

Thanks.

JP

Re: J.P. Vaughan, you are so bad… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on January 26, 2002 at 02:21:39:

J.P.

You are so bad. You threatened to go public and I didn’t believe you would be crazy enough to do it.

WRONG

I couldn’t help but laugh. I realize that this is your loving caring way to get me to go, and I have to tell you that I appreciate it, and love you for it.

I can’t tell you how lucky I am to have friends like you and Terry. You both have been so good to me.

To all of you who took your time to let me know that you would like my presents, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I can’t tell you how your actions have touched me,

Ed Garcia

Re: Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by Peter Rzepka Vegas

Posted by Peter Rzepka Vegas on January 26, 2002 at 01:12:17:

Hey Ed
You and Terry made the worshop so exiting ,we had hoped to see you in Atlanta even if it was to talk about the 49ers and Bears over beer. or is that to cry in our beer.

Re: Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by Lana Smeenk- Joshua TX

Posted by Lana Smeenk- Joshua TX on January 26, 2002 at 24:04:28:

Hi- Ed I was really looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta. There will definately be an empty feeling looking through the crowd and not seeing you. I can honestly say that meeting you last year as a newbie at my first convention was a highlight. I hope everythings alright.
Lana Smeenk- Joshua TX

Re: Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by Zack W

Posted by Zack W on January 25, 2002 at 23:46:55:

Ed,

Not to put the pressure on or anything, but I am bringing 8 people with me to the convention and I PROMISED all of them that they would meet the man, the myth, the legend. I said you would be there also [haha].

Seriously though Ed, you are one of the reasons I have been able to accomplish what I have and I would love to be able to introduce you to my friends. I hope to see you, and if you do attend, drinks, dinner, whatever, IT’S ON ME. I look forward to seeing you.

Zack Wiest

P.S. No one will ever let you forget this if you dont come, so save yourself the hassle and join us. See yah there!

Re: Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by wayne-pa

Posted by wayne-pa on January 25, 2002 at 20:39:46:

we need the financial kahuna!nt

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 25, 2002 at 19:47:00:

Hmmm… I’m your Huckleberry!!

Dude, there better be a D A M N good Excuse…

David Alexander

YOU MEAN HE ISN’T GOING??? - Posted by Lazaro

Posted by Lazaro on January 25, 2002 at 19:13:38:

I have talked to Ed Garcia a couple of times on the phone. He was sooooo helpful. This will be my first convention that I will attend and really looked forward to seeing Ed. ED PLEASE!!! I hope he really chances his mind.
Cordially,
Lazaro

Re: Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by Joe Hardy

Posted by Joe Hardy on January 25, 2002 at 19:02:09:

Hey Ed:

I only know you by the insightful comments that I have read here. I’m a special education teacher by trade and I was looking for a new direction and I can say without hesitation that is your insight and Johnboy’s that has encourage me the most.

I will be going to this convention, my first. It would be a plum pleasing priviledge to met you and hang out. It looks to me like you are greatly admired. Please come.

Joe

Respect His Wishes. There is a time and season - Posted by Dawn (MD)

Posted by Dawn (MD) on January 25, 2002 at 18:52:34:

for everything.

You mean… - Posted by John

Posted by John on January 25, 2002 at 18:05:14:

First I must say that I have never had the pleasure of speaking personally with Mr. Garcia - however I do believe he is one of the Guru’s I’d like to sit down and chat with (I’ve read and found very helpful all of his posts)…so…for what it’s worth…

you mean to tell me that I’m risking a divorce for having brought up the innocent idea of attending your convention (the convention bit went down ok, even the duration…it’s when she asked “where is it going to be?” that things went a bit haywire (she nearly, no, she did in fact - have a fit…)…after all I live in… ITALY!..and one of the “cornerstones” isn’t attending?? I might not be able to come…but on behalf of all those who will and want to meet you please do attend…

John

Re: Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by Michigan Andy

Posted by Michigan Andy on January 25, 2002 at 17:22:17:

Dear Ed:

Who is going to tell all the stories about Terry Vaughan if you’re not there?

Just kidding. I have some more burning lending questions for you, and expect to get some answers in Atlanta. Get off your butt and be there. I have an image of the CREOnline convention in my mind based on what I saw at last year’s, and I would like to see it continue. Please attend.

Andy

Ed is one of the biggest reasons I attend! - Posted by DaveD(WI)

Posted by DaveD(WI) on January 25, 2002 at 17:15:46:

I’ve attended his workshop. He is a true gentleman and mentor who is always deserving of any adult beverage I can buy for him. He also needs to beat me up because I still haven’t put into practice enough of his preaching and teachings. Ed is the best. When you rub elbows with the best good things always happen. See you in Atlanta, Ed!

Re: Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on January 25, 2002 at 16:56:48:

I agree with the posts. It would not be the same without you there ED!

I was there when the bellow went out “Piper, I’m callin you out!” and from there a great conversation (?) ensued.

I sat for many many hours in ear shot of you at the bar and learned more there than most anywhere else.

And as the saying goes “I don’t know what I don’t know.” I was looking forward to getting a better grasp of the knowledge you share so willingly and freely.

I have always admired the way you go about handing out advice from an experience level that most of use only dearm of obtaining. With your help I am sure a lot of us would gladly say you have helped us develop in ways we could never repay.

I hope you reconsider you thoughts and rejoin your family for this reunion.

Terry (Houston)

Re: Friends of Ed Garcia - Please Read - Posted by Shawn MM

Posted by Shawn MM on January 25, 2002 at 16:50:52:

Mr. Garcia, I have been anticipating this convention and meeting you ever since I missed out on last year’s convention. I beg of you, please sir, come to this year’s convention. I know you’re probably extremely busy, but think of all of the people you would motivate and influence. All because you showed up and gave us new guys/gals the inspiration we so desperately need. This is going to be a life-changing event for myself and many others. And you sir can be the driving force behind it. Wont you please reconsider?

This Has The Makings Of The Longest … - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 25, 2002 at 15:54:49:

… thread of all time on CREOnline.

I’m Putting Out A Summons For Your… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 25, 2002 at 15:52:42:

… arrest if you don’t attend the convention Ed. Hey you said last year you would buy me a beer at next years convention. Well here we are at next years convention.

Aside from your great creative real estate wisdom I enjoy being around you in the lobby and at the bar. If you don’t show up there will be less energy at the convention. And for the many that have been and benefited because of you, you all know what I’m talking about.

Ed I understand maybe not doing a presentation, but not going to the convention is against my religion. Just kidding Ed on that one.

Hope you reconsider and join us. Your friendship is valued and frankly you’re just fun to be around.

No! No! No! - Posted by Alan in Houston

Posted by Alan in Houston on January 25, 2002 at 14:08:35:

Ed,
Please reconsider. I learned more from you in 20 minute?s at the bar than in one year of working the business. I can respect your decision not to be a presenter, but I find it hard to believe you will not be there at all.

Ed, you recently challenged a posting by someone questioning the motives of seminar speaker and website posters. In your argument you stated the benefits you have received by helping other to learn. I believe you have a passion for this business, and only you can pass this passion on. You talked of people like Piper, Ray & yourself who are passionate about REI, and who love talking, debating, and yes, even arguing your different takes on the business.

I attended many of your late night ?training sessions?. I purchased a few beverages for you, and I learned from you. I have not been able to attend your workshop, but Jim Raynor states that you and Terry are the masters.

Ed, I was at Dallas the first time you spoke in front of a large group, and I saw you last year in Atlanta. You have grown from a speaker with a lot to say, to a speaker who teaches a large group to look further, learn all sides, and challenge themselves.

Ed, you are one of the bright spots of this website and the people who are lucky enough to meet you in person are better for having met you. Please come to Atlanta.

If you choose not to come, know you will be sorely missed by the midnight to 6am group.

Garcia, - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on January 25, 2002 at 13:15:33:

Ed,
I don’t consider myself to be your “friend” since we’ve only exchanged a few words here and there. Part of that is due to you being surrounded and swamped by folks at the conventions.

However, I have thoroughly enjoyed the late night lobby discussions (see link below for last year’s).

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/74357.html

You are an integral part of this site and the convention. It will not be the same without you. My belief is that you do more good at the convention in a few days than you do in a month elsewhere. That may not be accurate, but I still believe it.

Besides, you are one of the few voices for “cash”. Who else would be willing to argue that viewpoint so passionately?

Who would take Piper on in your absence?

If you’re not a speaker, then “Mama” JP won’t be trolling the first floor late at night to make sure you’re not breaking curfew. We know how you need that beauty sleep. LOL!

I sincerely think not coming is a decision you would regret. I also think after changing your mind and attending, that you will thank JP for posting this public pressure plea.

Please join us in Atlanta…